CSP West District

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else have a hard time with the CSP p25 system in Western Connecticut? I go over to Danbury and Brookfield frequently and the system seems to have crap coverage, yet I will hear the Central District quite nicely.

I get this with the BCD536 as well as a Radio Shack Pro 197

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you are not scanning more than one Zone, everything will be at the same strength as every talkgroup from a single site shares the same frequencies and transmitters.
If, however, you are scanning several Zones, it is easy to get them at different quality/strength levels. Since not all talkgroups are broadcast on all Zones, you may be hearing B, L, & A on Zone 3 (L) and H, BDL, and K on Zone 9 (H).

chris

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I can tell you here in Bloomfield L simulcast and B simulcast have gotten worse over the last 5 yrs. At first they came in just as clear as H Simulcast. I assume they all are on the same Tower on Montevideo RD. then B and L came in worse I assumed they directed the towers west. Now L Simulcast I get one bar. of course I know the trees have something to do with it. But its weird. Maybe the new system will come in better on 700 mhz eventually?

PhillyPhoto

It's just a matter of coverage. I'm near Hartford and I get around 95% from the F site, and maybe 60% on the H site. C & K is better than H as well. Try other sites if you're not already and see if it improves.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Yeah in my RS radio I had everything grouped with sites matched to the talk groups. Maybe the system is degrading I don't know. I know it stinks in the Danbury area.

JohnO44

I noticed over the weekend all troopers were advised to come in for a radio upgrade;
Also, now some of the dispatch xmsns seem to be encrypted
Some of their signals on 853.75 show up weaker on my signal meter.
JohnO Trumbull

cg

Premium Subscriber
Not encrypted if you are monitoring Troop talkgroups. I would check your antenna or check for local interference.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.