Csp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Am looking for the CC freq.'s for all of the CSP in Colorado. Can any one help me with this. I have the 3A & 3C CSP. Need all the other ones.

I use to hit a lot on Mt. Thorodin now nothing comes over it. I put in the CC that is on the site list. I live in Loveland. Thanks

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Spirit said:
Am looking for the CC freq.'s for all of the CSP in Colorado. Can any one help me with this. I have the 3A & 3C CSP. Need all the other ones.

I use to hit a lot on Mt. Thorodin now nothing comes over it. I put in the CC that is on the site list. I live in Loveland. Thanks

The Colorado State System is where you'll hear CSP. The system is HUGE.
see: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=329

Use the map on the webpage to find the close towers. (or what you think you might hear)

In Ft. Collins I hear: PVH, Buckhorn, Horsetooth, Greeley and strangely, Squaw Mtn. I don't hear Thorodin from SE Ft. C. Can't hear the Loveland tower either.

Also be sure and read the thread about the re-banding (changing frequencies of the CCs) here: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=329

Spud

CSP shows up on numerous Control Channels throughout Colorado.

Copy all of the CSP listings from the Colorado DTRS listing on the Radio Reference website to your scanner and then select which tower site you want to monitor.

From Loveland you should be monitoring at least the Horsetooth conrtol channel as it provides the best wide area coverage for the Loveland and Fort Collins area.

It is currently on 868.88750 but will probably move to 853.88750 in the next few weeks.

You should not have to enter any of the other frequencies listed on the Horsetooth site for monitoring the P25 system since the CC directs the scanner to switch to any other frequency as needed for listening to the CSP or other talk groups that you have saved in your scanner.

I am in Fort Collins and use a PRO-2096 connected to an outdoor antenna. It is a small 4 element yagi pointed south so I can pick up most of the Denver Metro towers as well as the more local ones. I use the Lookout Mountain tower to monitor most of the metro stuff.

Best regards,

The Spud

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Hey Spud, Horsetooth is scheduled to be re banded this week sometime.

Jim<

Last edited by a moderator:

Spud

Thanks for the info Jim.

I put all of the -15 MHz frequencies in the scanners here several months ago and then I just delete the originals as the others show up as active.

And thanks for all that you contribute to the Colorado forum...

The Spud

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Bald Mtn

I am showing Bald Mtn as in Chaffee County is that correct? I am picking up all Loveland/Ft. Collins on this and more in the Loveland area. Plus CSP 3A & 3C. Don

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Bald mtn

Spirit said:
I am showing Bald Mtn as in Chaffee County is that correct? I am picking up all Loveland/Ft. Collins on this and more in the Loveland area. Plus CSP 3A & 3C. Don

There are several Bald Mtns in Colo.

Here's the listing for Colo DTRS- http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=329

Click on the title "Bald Mountain" Tower 361 to get its location. (not Chafee county or you couldn't hear it from Loveland)

Spud

There is a Bald Mountain Gulch in Chaffee County and numerous "Bald Mountain"s in Colorado.
The one you are asking about is Bald Mountain in Larimer County located at 40.59.44N and 105.30.12W. It was known as Nevada Mountain until 1869 when the name was changed to Bald Mountain.
There is also a "Little Bald Mountain" located at 40.58.31N and 105.16.06W but the tower is not on that peak.

The Spud...

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Spirit said:

Don, you are all over it Bald Mtn site is in Chaffee County (Site 215) and North Bald Mtn (Site 361) is in Larimer County.

Jim<

Last edited:

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the info on Bald Mountain. Am learning as I go along. I have been montioring police scanners since 1970's but Ditigal is all new to me. My first scanner was a Radio Shack 8 channel crystal with the yellow lights in it for each channel...Thanks again for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.