CSPD Settings in Simulcast for SDS100/SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockwavrider

Hello All!

After reading a number of posts in the SDS and CT forums I am wondering if there is anyone who is a die hard CSPD listener who is using an SDS100 and may be willing to share their experiences with settings for the Simulcast sites and others on the CLMRN network that have worked for them?

I have been experimenting with Filters and NAC and the like and each time seem to gain a little and lose a little and haven't found a happy medium.

I live in the Troop G catchment are but also travel heavily in the Troop I region as well.

TIA (not the Trump mini strokes)

Mike

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
NAC is like a tone setting on an analog freq. Changing it will make the radio ignore anything that doesn't match, but it won't improve marginal reception.

Your best filter setting depends on your exace location, and what if any strong signals are on nearby frequencies. You have to see for youreself what works best for your location, other people's settings aren't applicable.

Shockwavrider

I know there was a NAC ignore setting I believe on my SDS which is not in front of me at the moment...I was wondering if the ignore function was like leaving the squelch open or not as I was fiddling with things.

Reconrider

This is how I have mine setup.

Favorite name: Trunk Systems
System name: CLMRN
Dept 1 named: Control Channel Frequency
1 site with the freq for the location I'm in. (one frequency with NAC as searching and I also use ID Searching:eek:n)
Dept 2 name:Talkgroups Everything is in this list except the "blocked tgids" list.
Dept 3 name: Blocked TGIDs - everything I don't want to listen to is in this list.

If you're confused, I can help you set it up just DM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.