CSPERN open mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
There has been open mics all day on CSPERN 858.2625mhz. Listening to it now and it seems to be coming from the lower fairfield county area because they are listneing to a NY FM radio station and have the radio cranked all the way up. I hope they get the guy that is doing this.

SCPD

QRT
If accidental require person to take xx hours of training in communications use and safety. Suspension if necessary. If it's a idiot playing around throw the book at them. Make a example. Big E Knocking on doors when this thing happens. I also see tetra type technology being more common if this sort of stuff continues to happen.

ecps92

IF an actual Dept Radio, Discipline the Radio Tech too. What ever happened to Time-Out-Timers :mad:

There has been open mics all day on CSPERN 858.2625mhz. Listening to it now and it seems to be coming from the lower fairfield county area because they are listneing to a NY FM radio station and have the radio cranked all the way up. I hope they get the guy that is doing this.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Nothing new!

Its becoming a regular event with open mic issues on CSPERN. Seems like every other day somebody is being careless and just chatting away,sometimes with very colorful words! I like the idea of time out timers, but I think radio IDs would be the best way to go. That way you can ID the offender! Let it be known that those radios are able to be traced because of the ID, it might make people a little more careful. Key word being "might".

Manny

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
Yeah IDs would help. And your right, they need to be more careful with their radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmacinct

Amateur Programmers (not enabling Time Out Timer)
No Statewide ID System (Going to be a while before seeing that)
Lack of use/knowledge of radio system (put them in the most simple place that get's kicked or leaned up upon)

cg

Premium Subscriber
RX only, time out timers, and penalty timers seem to be the most under utilized functions when people are programming radios.
Many of the regional dispatch centers have a cobbled together system of extenders, patches, etc that seem to lend themselves to programming by multiple agencies with no standard to program radios to.
The CSERN system is just another Band-Aid on a cut that needs lots of stiches. Some legit use but for the most part, it is a waste of radios and antennas that does little to help the perceived interoperability problem.

chris

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
Exactly and I read somewhere that every town/city cruiser is supposed to have access. I think a statewide mutual aid channel like this should be restricted to supervisors and dispatchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.