CSUSB Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Hi all,
I'm looking to confirm what I suspect is bad information in the database. For Cal-State San Bernardino Police, it shows "CH 1" 860.425
However, the FCC license listed WPMC676 is part of the county's P25 trunking system. I can confirm that CSUSB does have at least one encrypted TG on the County P25 system, however I don't understand why this single frequency is listed in the DB.
I'm sure it has confused casual listeners for some time.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Univ PD may have donated their freqs to join the system? Their way of getting away from being streamed.

techman210

They did have a conventional repeater on Little Mountain south of the campus.

I haven’t heard that for a long time. If it’s still there they will probably only use it if there’s a problem with the P25 system.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Yes, I see that one still listed as "Ch 2" and the FCC license looks correct for a conventional system. Makes sense that they don't use it much but it's available if needed. I was just wondering about the accuracy of "Ch 1". I'm thinking it was listed in the DB without anyone ever actually verifying it.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Quite a lot of the stuff in the database for San Bernardino county was from the analog trunking system days (valley system, mountain system, etc). Is it possible that frequency wasn’t part of the old analog smartzone systems but became part of the P25 system when CSUSB transitioned over?

Believe it or not we’ve been seeing that with the Sacramento RCS, where old UC Davis trunked system frequencies are being recycled into the SRRCS now that the university has joined their system.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Here's all I can figure out...

WPMC676 has never contained 860.425 since it was issued in 2013 and has always been a trunked license, so I'm not sure why it would be listed as if it were conventional (are you able to see when that FCC license info was added to the DB or by whom?)

860.425 doesn't exist in any license statewide except for San Diego Gas and Electric (even under expired/cancelled licenses).

Status
Not open for further replies.