CSV Download Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Boh

Apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this.

On CSV downloads, if the system has a site listed, but no frequencies for that site, the CSV will fail to make a line break. Good example of this is Maryland FiRST. Sites are listed since the RFSS/Site IDs and alias are known, but they don't have any frequencies listed for those sites so when you download, it keeps the next site on the same line.

Minor annoyance, but was hoping it would be an easy fix.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this.

On CSV downloads, if the system has a site listed, but no frequencies for that site, the CSV will fail to make a line break. Good example of this is Maryland FiRST. Sites are listed since the RFSS/Site IDs and alias are known, but they don't have any frequencies listed for those sites so when you download, it keeps the next site on the same line.

Minor annoyance, but was hoping it would be an easy fix.

A site without frequencies is a major no-no; the database is not a scratchpad for unconfirmed information like that.

I fixed Maryland FIRST by moving the offending sites to the Wiki and deleting them from the database. I've also asked all administrators to check the systems in their areas of responsibility and correct similar errors.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Mr_Boh

Thanks. The goal was absolutely not to dime anyone out. The Maryland DB admins (and others) do a great job curating the information.

I actually liked seeing the information on the sites although no specific frequencies were there, but could understand why it's undesirable.

I wish there was a way to more tightly integrate Wiki and Database page so the two co-existed on the same single UI. I know that would be a super heavy lift, but that would help let the Wiki be the "scratchpad" as it were, see unknown talkgroups at a glance, fire tone-outs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.