CSX dispatcher desk project (code changes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
[ Admin: please make this sticky, as this is a far-ranging change on CSX railroad that affects all listeners. Thanks. ]

CSX has changed the designations of their dispatcher desks such that the first letter of the new code is the initial of the division handled by that dispatcher.

So in the Jacksonville Division we now have the JA desk handling the Sanford subdivision (formerly AA dispatcher).

I have a table cross-referencing dispatcher desks, frequencies used, and subdivisions handled by them at http://www.botecomm.com/bote/rail/csx_dispatchers.html

Please submit your observations on this thread, listing the old desk code and the new desk code side-by-side so that I can update this table for everyone's benefit.

For example:

Code:
Old   New   Subdivision name   Notes
AB    JB    Tallahassee        160.32
AC    JC    Nahunta            160.32

This is the perfect weekend for an early-June railfanning DXpedition to pull in all those dispatcher towers that you need for Worked All Dispatchers!

Thanks!

Bote

bnsfds-15

Dispatcher changes

That is interesting. So far, here in the Chicago are the dispatchers are still "RA" "RB", but here it may not change since the dispatchers are not and have never been in Jacksonville. I know that CSX Chicago Division locals are "J" trains, like J745 which is the train that they run every night out to serve their former Rock Island trackage from Joliet Illinois to Henry Illinois. I will let You know if they change them here, CSX dispatchers for Chicago are located in a non descript little office in Calumet City Illinois, about 6 or so miles from the nearest CSX rail-head.

Dispatcher change

Here in Richmond Va,the most noticeble change: is that Richmond Terminal is no longer under CQ control. Richmond Terminal is now under AE control.

AE Dispatcher Ch-94 161.520
Acca Yardmaster Ch-32 160.590

CQ only takes over from Greendale North.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I have a table cross-referencing dispatcher desks, frequencies used, and subdivisions handled by them at http://www.botecomm.com/bote/rail/csx_dispatchers.html
Nice compilation. Very useful.

The Crawfordsville Branch (QSC) is dispatched by the IC Dispatcher on 46/30, not IB. I listen to them giving track warrants between Clermont and Ames (Crawfordsville) just about every day. Amtrak P050/051 and P317/318 use this line.

Steve

Bote,

Here in Alabama on the CN side both the A&WP and Lineville Subs use Ch 58/160.980 as the Dispatcher Channel. Only change I have noticed so far.

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Cool, thanks!

The useful contributions have been added to the table.

Perhaps this is not system-wide as I was told, but still it's worthwhile to update it so that it's accurate.

Cheers!

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
I did a track speeder run today in Portland Ore to clean up a shortline railroad in preparation for the SP&S 700 run the last weekend in June.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let Burner50 know CSX is changeing dispatch centers yes, that is only phase one of the bigger picture... Changing channels will come there shortly after. because the teritories will have thier own dispatch channels..

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Just to let Burner50 know CSX is changeing dispatch centers yes, that is only phase one of the bigger picture... Changing channels will come there shortly after. because the teritories will have thier own dispatch channels..

woah woah... back up here... First off are you saying that there is only ONE dispatch channel systemwide currently? I find that VERY hard to believe... i gotta call BS on that one... And even if it were true, they wouldnt have to change channels just because their dispatchers are moving...

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I removed and edited the off-topic banter. Please stick to the original topic. Idle chit-chat isn't necessary.

Please submit your observations on this thread, listing the old desk code and the new desk code side-by-side so that I can update this table for everyone's benefit.

As of 7:00 am Eastern time 6-21-08 The New Baltimore Dispatch center went online CQ is now BD as for the other desks I am not shure yet what they are but CQ is BD

Last edited:

trainman111

About a week ago AE dispatcher became FB Dispatcher. CQ is now BD. I haven't heard anything from AL dispatcher, so AFAIK, they are still AL. I'll post when the AL changes.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
CSX Baltimore Division

Fred Bader posted this on the railscan yahoo group:

The Metropolitan, Captial and Old Main Line subdivisions are under the control of the BC (former AU) dispatcher. The RF&P subdivision is under the control of the BD (former CQ) dispatcher.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Baltimore dispatching center changes

OK, I got the Baltimore Division changes recorded, although the table is not ordered properly now. It's all manual so I'll re-order it once the dust settles.

Also, I am moving my web site to a new host towards the end of the week so if it goes down do not despair, it shall return. I just need to find enough time to do it.

Thanks, and keep those cards and letters coming!

http://www.botecomm.com/bote/rail/csx_dispatchers.html

ffemt25

Premium Subscriber
The Cumberland sub and Keystone used to be the CB now is the BB. The Mountain Sub used to be the CI which is now the HH dispatcher. If you notice the first letter is the city its in. B = Baltimore , H = Huntington. Anyone know what the seconded letter stands for?

D

DaveNF2G

I think the first letter correlation is a coincidence. All of the dispatchers that cover mains in New York State start with N, but at least two of them are at Selkirk Yard, which is in the Town of Bethlehem and the nearest large city is Albany.

trainman111

Down here it's not a coincedence. All territories that will be dipatched out of Florence are F* like FB dipatcher, all that are out of Huntingdon are H* and Baltimore B*.

Status
Not open for further replies.