CSX dispatcher desk project (code changes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

csxfanimrkva

About a week ago AE dispatcher became FB Dispatcher. CQ is now BD. I haven't heard anything from AL dispatcher, so AFAIK, they are still AL. I'll post when the AL changes.

have you become a parrot of flyingscotsman or is it just en echo?
kind of curious..

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Please submit your observations on this thread, listing the old desk code and the new desk code side-by-side so that I can update this table for everyone's benefit.

The CR desk (Athens IT, Columbus, Northern and Cincinnati Subdivisions) is now the HD desk.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
CR becomes HD desk

OK, I got that change updated in the table.

Please confirm the subdivisions handled by the new HD desk. I have:
Athens
Cinncciinnattii
Columbus
Northern
Russell

all in the C&O Division.

Is this still correct? If not, please let me know who handles what, as the territories have changed desks in some cases and I have missed them.

Thanx!!

Bote

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I think the first letter correlation is a coincidence. All of the dispatchers that cover mains in New York State start with N, but at least two of them are at Selkirk Yard, which is in the Town of Bethlehem and the nearest large city is Albany.

That is Conrail Shared Assets territory. They have carried the N prefix for some time.

Besides...they do things differently up there. :)

Watain

Here on the CSX Kingsport Subdivision, they switched from using the AO Jacksonville Dispatcher, to using the HP Huntington Dispatcher. The frequency stayed the same thankfully.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Here's an update given by a CSX dispatcher to an email list that I belong to:

Yes the Dufford center will be no more, Baltimore and Huntington have
already left, Florence will be next, and Atlanta will be in late 09 or early 2010.
I will be going Florence hopefully in Feb or Mar 09.

Warren

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Wow! They really are serious. Perhaps our current economic mess will slow their plans a bit, but that's major news from the horse's mouth.

Thank you.

Bote

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
OK, I got that change updated in the table.

Please confirm the subdivisions handled by the new HD desk. I have:
Athens
Cinncciinnattii
Columbus
Northern
Russell

all in the C&O Division.

Is this still correct? If not, please let me know who handles what, as the territories have changed desks in some cases and I have missed them.

One spelling correction: Cincinnati

Dispatcher desk (HD) is correct, however the C&O Division no longer exists and has not for a few years; the former C&O Division territories are divided up between the Huntington West Division and Huntington East Division; I don't recall offhand what goes where except that IIRC the HD Desk lines are West.

Also, the Athens Subdivision is no longer such. It is now the Athens Industrial Track handled under the authority of the Parsons yardmaster. Trains coming off the Athens IT enter the dispatcher's territory at PA Cabin.

Tom

Watain

Here on the CSX Kingsport Subdivision, they switched from using the AO Jacksonville Dispatcher, to using the HP Huntington Dispatcher. The frequency stayed the same thankfully.

Correction it is the HD Dispatcher, cant understand what he says. The KP sub is part of the Huntington division I belive, it operates in TN/VA.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
One spelling correction: Cincinnati

Dispatcher desk (HD) is correct, however the C&O Division no longer exists and has not for a few years; the former C&O Division territories are divided up between the Huntington West Division and Huntington East Division; I don't recall offhand what goes where except that IIRC the HD Desk lines are West.
Tom

Yeah, yeah, I never can remember which consonant is doubled so I just shot the whole wad on that one. :)

I have updated the division for the HD desk territories, but I still would appreciate very much if someone who knows better than I could look at the dispatcher table as it stands and send me an e-mail with the new division names for the old C&O division. I see a whole bunch of coalfield subdivisions that I still have listed under C&O; I'm guessing they went to Huntington East.

But this is the railroad so logic goes out the window.

Thanks!

Bote Man

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Florence division changes

Please check the latest updates for accuracy, and please let me know what changes need to be made. There are lots of them, there must be.

CSX dispatcher table

The Florence division saw a lot of changes around Hamlet since December 1, 2008 so those are incorporated. I still don't know where the Augusta sub goes, as well as others that still don't have a home.

Thanks!

Bote

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Yeah, yeah, I never can remember which consonant is doubled so I just shot the whole wad on that one. :)

I have updated the division for the HD desk territories, but I still would appreciate very much if someone who knows better than I could look at the dispatcher table as it stands and send me an e-mail with the new division names for the old C&O division. I see a whole bunch of coalfield subdivisions that I still have listed under C&O; I'm guessing they went to Huntington East.

I think you would be perfectly safe listing them simply as Huntington Division.

However, I have a Huntington Division (east or west, I forget which) timetable that covers the lines in Ohio; as soon as I track it down I'll post which lines are in the division.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Is this page not accurate as far as division/subdivision break downs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CSX_Transportation_lines

That's a great resource, if accurate. The trouble with Wikipedia is editing by those who are unable or unwilling to maintain accuracy. My table is wrong and I freely admit it. :)

It does mention that Huntington east and west divisions will be merged in 2008, so either that has not yet happened with 3 weeks left in the year or it has happened and that article needs revision. I don't know which. The rest of it is quite useful.

Thanks!

cipher66

ARTCC DB Manager
Database Admin
Hi everyone,

The St Louis Line (former Conrail/PC/PRR) here in the Highland, IL area uses 160.23 for road and 161.070 for the IB Dispatcher. The 160.365 channel has been listed for some time now but I have yet to hear anything on it in this neck of the woods. Also, since they started using 160.23, trains are now doing the CSX norm of calling the signals on the channel. The interesting thing is that the Illinois Sub (CF Dispatcher) line is 9 miles away to the south with the same road channel 160.23, so I wonder if there is a possibility that both CF and IB can hear both lines calling their signals??? Also, I have heard IB on the Road frequency as well as the 161.07 frequency.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Also, I have heard IB on the Road frequency as well as the 161.07 frequency.
But have you heard IB on 161.070 issuing track warrants? It's not unusual for the dispatcher to come up on the road channel to call a crew, but in my experience around Indianapolis, they'll ask crews to move over to the dispatcher channel to conduct dispatcher business.

cipher66

ARTCC DB Manager
Database Admin
But have you heard IB on 161.070 issuing track warrants? It's not unusual for the dispatcher to come up on the road channel to call a crew, but in my experience around Indianapolis, they'll ask crews to move over to the dispatcher channel to conduct dispatcher business.

Yes thats correct about 161.070... and thanks for the explanation on the Dispatcher on the Road channel.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I think you would be perfectly safe listing them simply as Huntington Division.

However, I have a Huntington Division (east or west, I forget which) timetable that covers the lines in Ohio; as soon as I track it down I'll post which lines are in the division.

Here's the list for Huntington Division East; it's mostly the C&O Division with the exception of the Kingwood, North Mountain, Piedmont and Washington subdivisions:

Alleghany
Big Coal
Big Marsh Fork
Bridgeport
Buffalo
Cabin Creek
Cincinnati
Coal River
Columbus
Columbus Line
Cowen
Fairmont
G&E
Gauley
Georges Creek
Island Creek
James River
Jarrolds Valley
Kanawha
Laurel Fork
Logan
Logan and Southern
Marietta
Mountain
New River
Northern
Ohio River
Peninsula
Pickens
Pine Creek
Piney Creek
Pomeroy
Pond Fork
Raleigh, Southwestern & Winding Gulf
Rivanna
Rupert
Russell
Scottslawn
Seth
Sewell Valley
Shortline
Stoney River
Thomas
West Fork

I'm beginning to wonder if there even IS a Huntington Division West. I've seen no mention of it, and if there isn't one, why does CSX need a Huntington Division "East"???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.