CSX Illinois Sub Help..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cifn2

Feed Provider
I had someone ask me where along the CSX Illinois Sub (Vincennes,IN to East St Louis, IL) mainly following US Route 50, where does the radio channel change from 160.230, to 160.320 (I believe it is). They believed it was somewhere in the Olney,IL area, can anyone provide a milepost/area where it changes over?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I believe that the Illinois Sub starts at Washington, Indiana.

According to CSX Dispatcher Desk Codes the Illinois Sub (west of Washington) is controlled by the LB Dispatcher in Louisville on AAR 08 (160.230 MHz) and the road channel is AAR 58 (160.980 MHz). The Indiana Sub (east of Washington) is also controlled by the LB Dispatcher on AAR 08, but the road channel is AAR 14 (160.320 MHz).

cipher66

ARTCC DB Manager
Database Admin
Freqs are right, but usage is wrong.... On the CSX Illinois Sub 160.23 (AAR 08) is the road frequency, and the crews can be heard calling the signals, and DED/HBD detectors can also be heard. The LB dispatcher is located on (AAR 58) - 160.98... Where I am located I can hear traffic on 160.23 from both the Illinois Sub and the St Louis Line Sub... I'm actually kind of surprised that CSX started using 160.23 on the St Louis Line a few years ago since the lines are pretty close together to each other from East St. Louis to about 35 miles east.

Status
Not open for further replies.