CSX Railfan Guides Update!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I will use this thread to announce when new CSX Division railfan guides are completed. So far I've completed CSX's Jacksonville Division as well as the Albany Division. I have just completed the Atlanta Division as well. The links will be at the bottom. My next side project before I start the Florence Division is to post Defect Detector recordings that I have. They will be on the Albany Division as I recorded them when I lived in Syracuse,NY. They were done in the mid 2000's when they all still said Conrail. Will keep you updated.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/CSX-Jacksonville_Division
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/CSX-Atlanta_Division
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/CSX-Albany_Division

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
CSX Albany Division (Conrail) Defect Detector Recordings posted!!!!!

I just finished posting all of my Defect Detector Recordings for the following subdivisions on the CSX Albany Division.

Mohawk Sub.
Syracuse Terminal Sub.
Rochester Sub.
West Shore Sub.
Buffalo Terminal Sub.
St. Lawrence Sub.

They are all from when the detectors said "Conrail". I also managed to get the Batavia Detector right after it was changed over to say "CSX". I also spent a day in Buffalo and managed to get the CP437 & CP DRAW detectors as well which is a treat. These were all recorded circa late 2000's.

They were recorded on a mini-cassette recorder that is now about 20 years old. It wanted to eat the tapes recently so I took it to a place that converted the audio into CD format. I then saved the audio from the CD to my laptop. I then recorded the audio from my laptop to my i-phone and then e-mailed it to myself so that I could save each one individually (as the CD had it as one 41-minute section). There may have been a better way but it worked for me. However the format was m4a which RadioReference does not recognize so I had to change the files to zip format which RadioReference does recognize. So hopefully most people can access the recordings. I can no problem but not thru my i-phone (possibly maybe because it doesn't support zipped files?!?!). When I go to work tonight I will access them on a totally different computer to make sure. Please advise if there are any problems.

I have some NS Detector recordings I took while railfanning around Horseshoe Curve including one with a female voice that I will post when I get to doing the NS Railfan Guides

Next step since I've done the CSX Jacksonville Division and the FEC Line is to get out and take some recordings of those detectors. Enjoy!!!!!

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if it really matters, but it should be noted that for the Berkshire Sub:

-Beckett Detector announces Beckett, but is actually in Washington, MA
-Washington Summit is actually in Hinsdale, MA

The line is complicated going up the hill because it weaves in and out of municipal borders multiple times for a given town.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
Ok thank you very much. I will make the corrections!!!!

Not sure if it really matters, but it should be noted that for the Berkshire Sub:

-Beckett Detector announces Beckett, but is actually in Washington, MA
-Washington Summit is actually in Hinsdale, MA

The line is complicated going up the hill because it weaves in and out of municipal borders multiple times for a given town.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
I just finished posting all of my Defect Detector Recordings for the following subdivisions on the CSX Albany Division.

Mohawk Sub.
Syracuse Terminal Sub.
Rochester Sub.
West Shore Sub.
Buffalo Terminal Sub.
St. Lawrence Sub.

They are all from when the detectors said "Conrail". I also managed to get the Batavia Detector right after it was changed over to say "CSX". I also spent a day in Buffalo and managed to get the CP437 & CP DRAW detectors as well which is a treat. These were all recorded circa late 2000's.

They were recorded on a mini-cassette recorder that is now about 20 years old. It wanted to eat the tapes recently so I took it to a place that converted the audio into CD format. I then saved the audio from the CD to my laptop. I then recorded the audio from my laptop to my i-phone and then e-mailed it to myself so that I could save each one individually (as the CD had it as one 41-minute section). There may have been a better way but it worked for me. However the format was m4a which RadioReference does not recognize so I had to change the files to zip format which RadioReference does recognize. So hopefully most people can access the recordings. I can no problem but not thru my i-phone (possibly maybe because it doesn't support zipped files?!?!). When I go to work tonight I will access them on a totally different computer to make sure. Please advise if there are any problems.

I have some NS Detector recordings I took while railfanning around Horseshoe Curve including one with a female voice that I will post when I get to doing the NS Railfan Guides

Next step since I've done the CSX Jacksonville Division and the FEC Line is to get out and take some recordings of those detectors. Enjoy!!!!!

Where are these recordings posted? I don't see them on the Wiki pages.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
Disregard. I found them. Admin please delete my previous post.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
CSX Miami Sub Detector Recordings!!!!

Today I went out and the goal was to capture Defect Detector recordings of the 3 detectors on the Miami Sub. Well I only got 2 recordings of the Oakland Park detector as the batteries in the scanner died. I did manage to get one of each track and they are posted next to the detector listing on the CSX Miami Sub railfan guide (Link is on the first post). Some stuff I learned today. The frequency has changed on the detectors from CSX's 161.100 to SFRTA's (South Florida Regional Transportation Authority) 161.475. Also the detectors say "SFRTA" and no longer say "CSX". Everything else appears the same. I wish I had went out and recorded them when they still said CSX. I hope to get the other 2 detectors within the next week or so.

Last edited:

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
CSX P&A Sub Recordings

With the help of a fellow subscriber I posted two Defect Detector Recordings for the P&A Sub. They are the Milepost 722.6 Detector & the Milepost 744.3 Detector. The P&A Sub is part of the Jacksonville Division and the link to the page is found on the 1st post. Enjoy!!!!!!!

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
CSX Miami Sub Detector Recordings!!!!

I just went out today and took recordings on both tracks for the "Yamato" Detector & the "Summit" Detector both on the Miami Sub. The recordings are on the Miami Sub Railfan Guide (link at the top) next to there respective listing. Next stop......Auburndale Sub!!!!!!!

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
CSX Auburndale Sub Detector Recordings!!!!

I went out yesterday and recorded the 3 southernmost detectors on the Auburndale Sub. They are the Delta D.D. (just outside of West Palm Beach), Indiantown D.D. (formerly called the Baker D.D. in Indiantown) & the Sherman D.D. in Okeechobee. Again the link for the Auburndale Sub is on the first post. 3 down 4 more to go!!!!

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie

Went out today and recorded the Cornwell,FL Defect Detector (MP SX888.8). I posted it on the Auburndale Sub. Railfan Guide. The link is on the first post. I tried to also do the Sebring,FL Defect Detector but the NB Amtrak came a little late to the Cornwell Detector and I wasn't able to get to the Sebring Detector in time. It'll be next on my list hopefully in a few days (while I'm still on vacation).

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie

I took recordings of the last three Defect Detectors on the Auburndale Sub. They are the Sebring, West Frostproof & Winter Haven Detectors. I posted them on the Auburndale Sub Railfan Guide (link is on the first post). Enjoy!!!!!!! Next up the FEC Line!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.