CT Malls / Shopping Centers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanhunt134

Hello,

I was driving through Clinton the other day and I picked up what heard like Mall Security. I figured it was the mall in Clinton as they were on UHF (464.825). Kind of intresting to listen to something about a shoplifting that was going on. Does anyone else listen to the mall cops on the radio at all?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Hello,

I was driving through Clinton the other day and I picked up what heard like Mall Security. I figured it was the mall in Clinton as they were on UHF (464.825). Kind of intresting to listen to something about a shoplifting that was going on. Does anyone else listen to the mall cops on the radio at all?

I do, especially around Christmas. And Fri & Sat nights get pretty interesting also. Try 464.775 for the Post Mall in Milford (179.9 pl) and the Trumbull Mall (103.5 pl). But you have to be rather close to one of them to hear them. Very low power on the repeater.
Did you happen to catch the PL they were using in Clinton? It really is a must to use it when you monitor a business frequency. Those channels are shared by many other users in our state and even Long Island. So without using the PL it gets annoying having to hear everyone else.
Bob

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
That is the Freq for the Clinton Crossings Mall Maintenance & Security. They also have a feq different ones listed in the FCC Database. 452.050, 469.825 along with 464.825. The callsign is WPKB993 listed as CHELSEA GCA REALTY

ethanhunt134

I do, especially around Christmas. And Fri & Sat nights get pretty interesting also. Try 464.775 for the Post Mall in Milford (179.9 pl) and the Trumbull Mall (103.5 pl). But you have to be rather close to one of them to hear them. Very low power on the repeater.
Did you happen to catch the PL they were using in Clinton? It really is a must to use it when you monitor a business frequency. Those channels are shared by many other users in our state and even Long Island. So without using the PL it gets annoying having to hear everyone else.
Bob

My 106 Had it at 411 DPL code. Ill have to swing by there again to confirm it.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
my son was working post mall security during the holidays and just left there yesterday. he got a ft gig with securitas at pfizer new haven. they dont use radios there tho. what can go on there anyways-lol. post mall security was pretty fun to listen to when he was there. I used to listen for his unit number but the calls were ok. not as good as the real stuff tho

ethanhunt134

Would anyone happen to have the freq's for the Westbrook Outlets? I have tried to look them up but no luck.

NECW4

Westfield - Meriden Shopping Mall

Mall Security = 461.575 (DPL 532) Repater
Boarders = 467.850 (PL 67.0) Simplex

scollier

Securatias may use nextel.

my son was working post mall security during the holidays and just left there yesterday. he got a ft gig with securitas at pfizer new haven. they dont use radios there tho. what can go on there anyways-lol. post mall security was pretty fun to listen to when he was there. I used to listen for his unit number but the calls were ok. not as good as the real stuff tho

freightguy

Westfield Shoppingtown in Meriden

Westfield Shoppingtown in Meriden uses 461.575 & 466.575. These people are a joke. They patrol the garage and lots all day and until midnight or so.

Last night, employees and some late customers went out to their vehicles (6 in all) in the parking garage, to find that they were vandalized. One elderly lady had several flat tires and PD gave her a ride home.

This happened all between 10pm & 11pm.

Last I heard, PD was reviewing the surveillance tapes. These rent-a-cops are really useless!

ethanhunt134

I guess it depends on who the Security company is at the different malls. I had a friend that had her gps stolen once from a mall parking lot. They smashed out the window and took the gps.

badgers215

Mall Scannering

Malls are actually one of my favorite things to scan. Security and stores alike. Nothing like walking around the mall on a rainy Saturday with my scanner. When I was in college I worked at a store in the Meriden mall and would listen to my scanner when I worked in the stock room. I thought it was interesting to listen to security as well as the stores around us. Its weird, I never would have thought of using my scanner for anything besides Police and Fire since I only had it because I was a volunteer firefighter but I was working Marine Patrol when one day a guy came up to me and asked me how my pizza was. When I asked him how the heck he knew what I had for dinner, he told me he heard us talking about it on the radio.

Back to the point of Meriden Mall Security being useless, I remember we had a booster(someone who steals a whole table full of merchandise) one day and my manager told me to find a Security Guard and when I did the guy told me, I would have to be the one to grab the guy if they saw him. He explained security guards are private citizens and since he didn't see anything he couldn't take action, however, he could help me locate the guy via closed-circuit TV, have the other guards keep an eye out, and ban the guy from the mall if we did find him.

I feel like how much mall security can do depends on whether they work for the mall or a security contractor. I know contract security doesn't have the same abilities as proprietary security. That being said, I feel like not all Mall Security agencies are not created equal and how well they perform, what they do, and how professional they are depends on their management. I know the difference in security operations at the two malls I go to is like night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.