CT mobile scanner laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

plectron

Hey all you CT scanner nuts... NY here, just trying to find out if CT has any anti-mobile scanning laws like we do over here. Thanks in advance for any help

PJH

Premium Subscriber
As long as your not using it to avoid the police in sodomizing a cat, your fine.

mlevin

Even though that might be the law, it seems the police are not completely aware that scanners are legal. I've had one cop tell me it is illegal and another tell me they are not a problem. Just be careful....

bobmich52

Perfectly Legal Unless You are Caught Burglarizing A Local Hooters For Souveniers & Have A Scanner In Your Posession.

Seriously Now.

No Restrictions.

But If You Get Pulled Over By A LEO, He Just Might Have You Shut It off Until He Is Done With You.

Any Cop In Ct Who Says They are Illegal In A Car Is Just Trying To Scare Ya A little.

Chris0381

Yep Legal here. Dont use them for smash and grab. I thought all scanners base and mobile was illegal in NY City

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Base scanners in the house are ok in NY, not mobile. The law was recently changed a bit to be even more vauge. If you have a ham license and NOT scanning public safety freq's mobile, your good to go.

Unless your being really stupid or a cop is having a really bad day, most will not bug you on a MV stop. This would not be the time to invoke a roadside 1st-99th amendment debate.

In any case, USE FRIGGEN COMMON SENSE!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.