CT State Police troop D

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWH100

QRT
Hello, I have just bought the 396T a couple of weeks ago, nice radio but alot more complicated than my old Uniden 760XLT.
However I am interested in monitoring State Police troop D out of Danielson/CT. They take care of the small towns up here in the Northeast corner of CT for the towns that don't have police dept. I am programming my 396T with Butel ARC396 software I have no problem programming my conventional channels in the scanner with this software. I know about creating systems and setting up groups However trunking, I am totally lost. I looked at RadioReference.com for the frequencies for troop D.
If somebody out there is monitoring troop D in Danielson, could you tell me what to put in for the correct info under these tabs:

General Tab: System Type ??
Trunk System Parameters: trunk Settings??
Trunk Frequencies: which ones??

Hopefully once I see how it is set up maybe I will understand it better than I do now.

Any help I get is much appreciated

MikeMike

Premium Subscriber
I can send you a ARC396 file...

AWH100,

I have a ARC396 file that I can post or send over in the morning... I am currently on my home computer and the file is at work.

Stay tuned,
MikeMike

MikeMike

Premium Subscriber
ARC396 File for CT and the Central Shoreline

As promised, attached is my ARC396 file for the CTSP. I have it broken down into the three regions (West, Central, East) plus some additional groups based on how I listen. I also threw in my conventional file for the Guilford/Madison Shoreline area just in case you venture down into this way. Enjoy and I hope it gets you started!!

Best Regards,
-MikeMike

Attachments

• CTSP ARC396 File 6-22-06.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 206

AWH100

QRT
Mike, just wanted to let you know, I put the file in tonight. Works great.
Couple of questions please. How did you know under system type to pick "Type 2, 800 standard", when the info on Radioreference web page say's: "type 2 smart zone" ? Why don't they list it as:"Type 2, 800 standard"? Somehow you are suppose to know that??? Why not "type 2 800 MHZ Splinter" ?? To me I would have to guess which one to use.
And my second question is, under frequencies you have to list all the 800 frequency of all the groups that you want to listen to correct?? Then go and list the trunk ID that you want to listen to in that group and don't put any in that you are not interested in. This helps alot. Most trunk sytems are set up like this??

Thanks for all your help.

AWH100

MikeMike

Premium Subscriber
Question #1 -
AWH100 said:
How did you know under system type to pick "Type 2, 800 standard", when the info on Radioreference web page say's: "type 2 smart zone" ? Why don't they list it as:"Type 2, 800 standard"? Somehow you are suppose to know that??? Why not "type 2 800 MHZ Splinter" ??

Since I am a donating member to RadioReference and I have ARC396, I had the ability to simply select the CTSP system from the database and download it right into ARC396. I then cleaned it up to only include the Talkgroups that I wanted, how I wanted them in each Group, listed only the Control Channel Freqs and ensured that I selected "Control Channel Only" mode in the Trunk System Parameters tab. I can't recall what a "Splinter" system is but I am almost certain the database would have listed something along those lines to help those programming the system correctly.

Question #2 -
AWH100 said:
And my second question is, under frequencies you have to list all the 800 frequency of all the groups that you want to listen to correct?? Then go and list the trunk ID that you want to listen to in that group and don't put any in that you are not interested in. This helps alot. Most trunk sytems are set up like this??

See above for how I handled the frequencies and yes, you can create a group that just has the Talkgroups that you want to listen to. An example is my "Select IDs" Group which has the Troops that are in my area and the other IDs that I want to hear if I only want to scan a few Talkgroups. I hope this helps and I am sure you'll be able to swap around the Groups to customize the way you want to listen to the CTSP. Good luck!

-MikeMike
Central CT Shoreline

Status
Not open for further replies.