Ct State Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placid1

I downloaded the CT state info from RR using freescan.
In the site setup part by default has the setting as Mot 800MHz standard (Type 2).
Am I supposed to change that to Mot Custom/Reband Type 2?

cg

Premium Subscriber
The system is rebanded so yes, you would use 800MHz custom or rebanded system type. If the download doesn't create a rebanded custom band plan, you have to enter one.
I can't comment on what specifics you have to do to a RR download as I create my own for accuracy.

chris

CT22

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You would be much better off setting up your system from scratch then relying on this cesspool of a database. No matter how much GOOD information you give them, they cant seem to get their stuff together. As the saying goes "You can't polish a turd"

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Using the RR database (without using any software programs) is how I manually programmed my BCD396T and although it was a time consuming process, it gave me the chance to get acquanted with the scanner and learn what buttons to push and what the results are.

I would guess that most members have used some type of software for this, but I enjoyed doing it this way, and that probably makes me a stubborn old fart!

Russell

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
No matter how much GOOD information you give them, they cant seem to get their stuff together.
So how does your gripe apply to this thread? All the sites I checked are flagged as rebanded so if there is an issue it's with the scanner software or user error. Generally if someone is going to complain they need to know what they're talking about. Go whine somewhere else.

:roll:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Closed

More pointless commenting from folks that have nothing to add. In one case has never added anything and in another never added anything to the subject at hand.

Since the OP has had his question answered and expressed his gratitude there is no further reason to leave this open for pointless comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.