CT State police

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck56ri

My BC796D used to pick up the CTSP. I did to the firmware update and it was working fine but now nothing. Did the freqs change? Thanks for any help.

scanningisfun

My BC796D used to pick up the CTSP. I did to the firmware update and it was working fine but now nothing. Did the freqs change? Thanks for any help.

Do you have the sites set up as rebanded or have you put in the custom band plans? If not, let me know as that is probably the problem.

coach123

Connecticut State Police

I just noticed the CSP is completely quite, has the CSP recently changed frequencies again?
I notice the downloaded frequencies have changed since the last time I downloaded, but when I upload them the Pro 163 still no CSP. The Pro 163 is at firmware 1.08. The list of frequencies previously were from855.2125 to 868.9875 (34 freq.), now the recent download is 853.7500 to 868.9875 (30 freq).
Anyone know the scoop?

coach123

CT State Police

I discovered the Pro 197 has died on digital trunking, it's not that the the CSP moved frequency.
Probably a digital chip went south!!

Tkanks for the replies.

chuck56ri

I'm not understanding what your saying here. I put them in as follows from the firware update site:

table as follows:

For standard rebanded systems, you need to set Band Plan 1 and Band Plan 2 as:

Band Plan Base Freq (Lower) Base Freq (Upper) Offset Polarity Spacing
1 851.0250MHz 854.0000MHz 440 + 25 kHz
2 851.0125MHz 868.9875MHz 0 + 25 kHz

coach123

CT State Police

Chuck sorry for the confusion, I was repling reference my post that I found my problem. My problem was that my PRO 197 had stopped working on truncking.

My suggestion to you would be to erase all EEPRON, and reload.

I am not familar with the BC796D, but I would imagine it has commands similar to the Radio Shack PRO 197.
On PRO 197 you can erase all memory, by turning the radio off, then when you turn it back on you immediately press 0, then you press 5 and it erases all memory.
After that just take the latest download from RadioReference, and upload it to your scanner, forget about the re-banding.
See if you can find in your manual the same type command I mentioned above, and try it. Let me know if it resolves your issue.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would check to be sure the system is programmed correctly, verify that the control channels are unlocked, and that the antenna is not the problem.

chris

chuck56ri

I would check to be sure the system is programmed correctly, verify that the control channels are unlocked, and that the antenna is not the problem.

chris

You nailed it! It was the last thing I checked. The antenna! Thanks to you and all that replied!

Status
Not open for further replies.