CT State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
thank you both for your replies, i’m not a fan of the SD card either, when i hear sirens, I cringe during the 17 seconds it takes for my SDS200 to come on.

Bob1955

Very true. Bob!

If you spend any time on these forums you will RARELY see any problems reported with the 996XT or 996P2 scanners.

Not so with the 436/536 family of scanners.
doctordialtone, you are so RIGHT on point. Not so with the 436/536/SDS-100/SDS-200. I know someone will have something to say but I could careless! Ha Ha
Have a good day.

VD443H

Premium Subscriber
Would anyone be able to send me a sample file for CLMRN? I used the import function on FreeSCAN and am not hearing anything. When I upload the file to my scanner it says there is an error and the error is no apco band plan available for any of the CLMRN sites.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Would anyone be able to send me a sample file for CLMRN? I used the import function on FreeSCAN and am not hearing anything. When I upload the file to my scanner it says there is an error and the error is no apco band plan available for any of the CLMRN sites.

have you tried the free sentinel software for the scanner? that works perfectly. so does proscan. I'm not sure the file I could send would work with free scan since I dont use it. I have no problem with this system on both my sds-100 and 200 scanners

VD443H

Premium Subscriber
have you tried the free sentinel software for the scanner? that works perfectly. so does proscan. I'm not sure the file I could send would work with free scan since I dont use it. I have no problem with this system on both my sds-100 and 200 scanners

I'm sorry I should have mention that I am using a BCD996P2. I did not try ProScan but I did try the ARC XT program with the same results

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would suggest building the file yourself. Once you get the hang of it, it is a fairly easy process. From the keypad is very time consuming but with software is fairly quick.
The bandplan is transmitted with the control channel data but if you want to program it in, here it is from DSDPlus:
Bandplan #0: Base=851.00625 Offset=-45 Spacing=6.25 BW=12.5
Bandplan #1: Base=762.00625 Offset=+30 Spacing=6.25 BW=12.5
Bandplan #2: Base=851.01250 Offset=-45 Spacing=12.5 BW=12.5 Slots=2
Bandplan #3: Base=762.00625 Offset=+30 Spacing=12.5 BW=12.5 Slots=2
You don't need the offset but you can build it with the info. Then try importing just the talkgroups.

chris

Bob1955

thank you both for your replies, i’m not a fan of the SD card either, when i hear sirens, I cringe during the 17 seconds it takes for my SDS200 to come on.
I am NOT a fan either of the SD cards, hence why I purchased the Bearcat BCD-996P2 which is a PROBLEM free base/mobile scanner with great audio and sensitivity too. People tend to OVER-BUY.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I am still wth no State and just tried again before my time is up
That's a pretty vague post. No idea about your time being up but I assume you are trying to get a scanner programmed to scan CLMRN. What radio? Can you hear any other P25 trunked systems?

chris

noobiest

wow was logged off but a box came up on my screen

I have a Pro 106 and WIN 500 trying to get CLMRN. I had no problems with any p25 until now. I see some posts about a mandatory setting of p25 Standard and just noticed a spot , on software that seemed to have an option. I did click a first or second item, on list that said 700 or 800 Standard. there was no other with the word 'standard' I downloaded, into software, in #1 bank Lol. All the Troop choices that did not get me a warning about being over a limit and ignoring some of them. Then I clicked on all talkgroups and set for bank 2. I downloaded and can see all the TGs in #2 but nothing in #1. I downloaded and get a " Nothing Enabled" I went to my storage and it took my old stuff and works fine including WATR although not sure if I miss somethings because I have not upgraded that and might have problems there too but conversations seem great

Here are my options in this area

I am SSG Shultz when it come to scanning but I lucked out, until now, with RR programming. I just tried a couple more options in the drop down box too

Attachments

• 20200217_101756.jpg
    20200217_101756.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 31

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't know that radio. If it allows you to create the system without using a band plan, choose that one. Otherwise, you may need a custom band plan one that combines the 700 and 800 as the CLMRN uses both at the same time.
Perhaps someone that has that scanner programmed for the system can help

chris

noobiest

Yes I hope so Maybe I can keep trying things and maybe a custom band plan might work, whatever that is.

Well I tried a 78th new template with a custom band thing marked 'splinter' with the entire, two part CLMRN checked with wildcards and into #1 bank and it is scanning and present when clicking through, manually. So far silence thou

brian943

Zip and post your config file. Perhaps someone can see what you have done, fix it and re-post it for you to try.
Maybe the radio has a hardware issue, NOAA weather channel is test worth making.

noobiest

I will work on better shots of my software set up. The radio works fine. I see what was posted by CG in #127 and can see items like these, using these terms, that I don't understand, on my software. Would a guy use only one line or the 4 or so ? and then add TGs

Well I hope you guys will help a noob out some more. I put this new file back in and made screen shots. It looks like its scanning but silent. Who knows maybe outdoors will do better, or location. Previously, the aftermarket ducky thing has had no troubles in reception at long distances and indoorsRR3.jpg

I dont like the way some of these files are showing I will later fix if I can. on computer they look good

No edit I seeRR 1.jpgRR2.jpgRR3.jpgRR4.jpgRR5.jpg

It looks like it makes no difference but this page was left out

Attachments

• RR2.jpg
    RR2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 10
  • RR4.jpg
    RR4.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 10
  • RR7.jpg
    RR7.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 13

brian943

My memory of win 500 is many years old and this applies to Uniden radios, but if I have read discussion here correctly the system sends the bandplan to the radios itself so you don't need one. Radio type is P25 standard and wildcard use meant I didn't need to list talkgroups.
If I were you I would do 2 things, use win500 to import the system so I could examine it, sending to the radio as "test" so I can be sure when it's receiving that I'm really hearing the "test" programming. ZIP and POST YOUR EXISTING FILE. There are a lot of people here that could spot errors in seconds, and/or send you a working file.

noobiest

I thought I posted the files, they show up for me, anyways. I have no doubt people could figure out my problem

cg

Premium Subscriber
You posted screenshots of the software, not the file itself. You need to post the file that you save after you populated the fields in the program and click "Save As"

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.