CTAS 1 & 2 Patches to Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemsmedic2001

Hiya Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced issues with not hearing ambulance to hospital patches i.e. Hearing the hospital but not the crew. I was thinking that it may be related to not having the hospital talkgroups in my tgids but I'm a little unsure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope everyones staying cool in this 46 degree weather!!

Thanks again,
hemsmedic2001

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Are you scanning in ID Search mode or ID Scan mode? 99% of the time around here, the hospital talkgroup is the supergroup and is the ID that shows on the scanner. Every once in a while though the hospital TG gets patched first and is the ID that shows. If you are in ID Scan mode, and don't have the hospital talkgroup programmed in, that could cause you trouble. Or... are you saying you see the patch but only hear 1 side of the conversation?

MetalCarnage

hemsmedic2001 said:
Hiya Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced issues with not hearing ambulance to hospital patches i.e. Hearing the hospital but not the crew. I was thinking that it may be related to not having the hospital talkgroups in my tgids but I'm a little unsure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope everyones staying cool in this 46 degree weather!!

Thanks again,
hemsmedic2001

Cant report any probs from here, have both a 250D and 796D both of them i have no probs with patches, as stated above, it must be something with your setup

SCPD

QRT
I have the reverse problem and usually only hear the crew not the hospital. I was told a while back that it was because the crew was close enough to be on the site that I am monitoring and the hospital is catching another site. I do find that when I'm monitoring the other tower...when close enough to do so I will hear both sides. Maybe something similar for where you are?

hemsmedic2001

Thanks guys for both of your replies, I usually scan in ID Scan mode so when I switch to Mississauga Tac 3 I can hear the patch being setup, no actual patch and then the staff at the hospital responding (usually they say "we copy"). I"m thinking Forts that you hit the nail on the head, perhaps I need to program the appropriate hospital tgids if I want to listen in ID Scan mode, so I guess my next question is does anybody have a list of the Halton Region hospital tgids, I know RR already had a great list but just wanted to check and see if anybody else has had luck figuring them out. Again thanks for your help!!

Thanks in advance,
hemsmedic2001

hemsmedic2001

Thanks for the reply Wheelchair, I'm not very close to any of the towers so perhaps I should purchase a better antenna than the one Uniden supplied me with!! Maybe I would get more gain and then better reception from one of the towers. I appreciate all of your help and if anybody else has any ideas I'd be glad to try them out to get down to the bottom of this!!

Thanks in advance,
hemsmedic2001

jellotor

There are three hospitals listed in the DB...OTMH, Joe Brant and an 'unknown' which I believe (and if I was anywhere near my trunker files I could probably confirm) is the Milton hospital, talkgroup 36320.

I don't know of any other hospitals in Halton Region, but sometimes I miss things like that.

pathalogical

Which system are you monitoring ? Peel ? OPP ? None was mentioned in your post.

In listening to TPS I have heard the two way comms between ems and a hospital, usually a doctor. TGID's are 25904, 25920, 25936. Type of comms are usually about additional meds a patient needs before arriving at hospital or if a patient meets stroke guidelines. Or sometimes a patient being pronounced at xx:xx time. ID's from 25698-26488, the named hositals, I have never seen them pop up at all, therefore I don't have them programmed in a group. My guess is that you may have to be inside that particular hospital to hear that TGID, as is the case with ACC/Rogers Centre. Has anyone ever heard the hospital ID's ???

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Path; It sounds like he was referring to patches with Hospitals outside of Toronto, on fleetnet.
To answer your question,i have never heard the individual hospital patches in Toronto on the talk groups dedicated to the hospitals. I also havent heard 25936, medcom in months although it is not like my radio is on 24/7.
Perhaps cell phones are replacing radio's for sensitive info ( the rights of patients to remain confidential???).
If you remember air ambulance used to use their radios a hell of a lot more in relaying patient info to doctors. Now I think (mentioned on Yahoo group) they use satillite phones.

hemsmedic2001

Hey Guys,

Once again thanks for the replies, I was referring to Fleetnet and I should have been more specific. I'm going to try inputting the hospital tgids today and see what happens. I'll keep you guys informed as to if it works or not. I've got a pretty good idea that MDH is Milton and GEH I'm assuming is more than likely Georgetown so hopefully it'll work out. Again thanks for all of your replies and I'll keep you posted as to what happens!!

Thanks again,
hemsmedic2001

gwtc199

Fleetnet Patches

Here in Chatham-Kent the Wallaceburg CACC patches to the hospitals using Tac 3 for Chatham-Kent and Tac 2 for Lambton County. With me being in the City of Chatham I can pick up everything for both counties including the hospital patches for Sarnia General Hospital(over 100km away!!). Try programing all of the TAC TG's and the known Hospital TG's in your area, if that doesn't work try setting your scanner to Trunk Search.

Status
Not open for further replies.