• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

.ctb to .ctb2 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4YPR

i have a .ctb file created and saved with CPS16 and based on all the information i read I should be able to open it in CPS2.0.
Each time I try i get the message "Application has encountered an error" That's it. no error number and I can't figure out what is going on.
I can open the .ctb file in CPS16 just fine. I don't want to reinvent the CodePlug from CPS16 to CPS2.0 (it is a very large code plug of all the NC PRN and BM details)
Any one have an idea? Motorola also does not allow any copy/paste so they really want to make sure you are unhappy when changes happen.

N1GTL

Database Admin
You didn't mention the radio type. The first generation radios cannot be programmed with the 2.0.

One thing you might be able to do it open the code plug in CPS16. Then, read a radio with newer firmware, even a different radio, in the same session. You can easily cut and paste between the two. Save the code plug with the newer firmware (or newer type radio). Once you save that code plug, you might be able to open it with the 2.0 software.

KK4YPR

I was finally able to get the CTB file to open in CPS2.0.
Now the copy and paste keeps killing my computer. I thought it was working when I grabbed about 50 zones of data and pasted it but it worked on it for 3 hours (while saying it was not responding) and i finally gave up and killed the process.
Now I am doing one zone at a time and each one takes about 2 mins to paste in the codeplug.
Thanks

N1GTL

Database Admin
Are you copying within CPS 2.0? Just right click on the tree top of your source, right click >copy, move the cursor to the tree top of your target and right click>paste. It'll do the whole code plug or it sounds like you need a faster computer.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
i have a .ctb file created and saved with CPS16 and based on all the information i read I should be able to open it in CPS2.0.
Each time I try i get the message "Application has encountered an error" That's it. no error number and I can't figure out what is going on.
I can open the .ctb file in CPS16 just fine. I don't want to reinvent the CodePlug from CPS16 to CPS2.0 (it is a very large code plug of all the NC PRN and BM details)
Any one have an idea? Motorola also does not allow any copy/paste so they really want to make sure you are unhappy when changes happen.

What radio model? What firmware version is the radio at?

The first generation radios cannot be programmed with the 2.0.

Yes you can. It needs to be at the final/last firmware release for the Gen 1 subscribers.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Dump the codeplug into your radio with CPS 16, then read it with CPS2.0

No need to copy and paste.

Just don’t write it back to the radio, unless you want to be stuck using CPS2.0.

N1GTL

Database Admin
OK, thanks for that info. I'd NEVER intentionally use 2.0 if I don't have to. Perhaps I was thinking of RAS or one of the privacy settings.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
OK, thanks for that info. I'd NEVER intentionally use 2.0 if I don't have to. Perhaps I was thinking of RAS or one of the privacy settings.

Then why mess with CPS2.0? Do you have a radio that has newer firmware that you are copying the old codeplug to?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
If RAS or encryption is used in the old codeplug, write the keys down and hand bomb them into the other codeplug.

TRBO CPS SUCKS and is quite slow. Especially when trying to copy and paste regardless of processor speed and amount of ram.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Are you copying within CPS 2.0? Just right click on the tree top of your source, right click >copy, move the cursor to the tree top of your target and right click>paste. It'll do the whole code plug or it sounds like you need a faster computer.

Just make sure you have created your scan lists EXACTLY the same, in the same order as the donor codeplug. Otherwise you will not only have to add all the members(which you do, can’t copy and paste scan lists) you will also have to select you scan list for each channels as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.