CTCSS decode issue with yaesu vx-3r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

Ok so I programmed a Freq to listen to, but the problem is that this frequency has more than one user so I programmed the CTCSS tone to block out the noise I don't want to hear. The other user of this frequency is about 10 miles away, while the one I want to listen to is 2 miles away, a stronger signal. Now when both are transmitting at the same time the frequency overloads and it mutes both transmissions and allows only chunks of the correct tone frequency to open. Is there another CTCSS option that I should be using? I see reverse CTCSS and user CTCSS in the menu, could this help? Is there something I can do to block out the unwanted transmission but allow the preferred transmission?

nd5y

That's how FM and CTCSS (or CDCSS) works. There is nothing you can do about it unless you install a directional antenna and attempt to null out the interfereing station.
When receiving two signals at the same time either the stronger one will capture the receiver, if it is much stronger, or they will interfere with eachother.

Last edited:

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
That's how FM and CTCSS (or CDCSS) works. There is nothing you can do about it unless you install a directional antenna and attempt to null out the interfereing station.
When receiving two signals at the same time either the stronger one will capture the receiver, if it is much stronger, or they will interfere with eachother.

That is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.