CTSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottb908

Feed Provider
Did the CTSP make any changes to the system recently. I am streaming the Feed for the Litchfield co / State police feed and I am seeing alot more talk groups coming through that I have never seen before. Nothing changed programming wise or antenna so just curious to what might have happened.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't know which Litchfield Co site you broadcast but in the last 36 hours, Site 4 has only seen:
B Disp 1
B Disp 2
L Disp 1
L Disp 2
H Disp 1
DMV
CTU North (DOC)

You can easily limit what is broadcast by using TGID scanning for the local Troops only.

chris

scottb908

Feed Provider
I don't mind the extra talk groups showing up. Was just surprised to see them. Recently I started seeing more Troop A, Lots of Troop H, Troop I, Troop C. I am even seeing some troop W showing. Never really saw those before but they recently started showing up.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Not necessarily cg. A car from any of those other Troops could be affiliating with the Litchfield site when in the area. A Trooper who lives in the area could have been transferred. I used to hear Troop K through the Litchfield site. Several Bomb Squad (Colchester if I remember correctly) members live out this way. This is why I disagree with the way the sites are labeled in the RR db. Several members of the Major Crimes Unit live out here too.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Troop H at Bradley (TG 8816, the old Troop W) is broadcast only on Site 9 so if he is hearing them, Site 9 has to be on.

He was vague saying what Site he has broadcasting on the feed, however, for all those TGs to appear, he has to have more than two sites activated.

The TGs that I listed above were from monitoring Site 4 with Trunk88. It allows you to display what TGs were used since the last reboot of the program, in this case 36 hours.

chris

scottb908

Feed Provider
I do have all the talk groups and sites on the scan bank, however I never really heard them actively from my feed location. The fact that I am seeing alot of activity made me question if somethings changed. Nothing has at my location or programming.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Bristol had a Intellipeater Site at South Mtn (Site 12). That Site has gone off the air, so it is possible they replaced it with a full simulcast site. If they put Site 9 (Troop H) up there, you would start hearing much more than you would have before. Looking at my Site 9 logs, you could hear B, C, H, I, K, L, BDL, as well as quite a few other TGs.
You can sit on the CC frequency (853.2625) for Site 9 and see what the signal strength is. But I would guess that is what has happened.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.