CTV-CP24 Mobile-Radio 1050 152.09 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty9999

I'm listening to this frequency on my scanner right now and the DB lists the frequency as CTV-CP24 Mobile-Radio 1050.

Is this a rebroadcast from a standard radio station ?

Last edited:

gary123

Im outside toronto so cant hear the signal, but all STL (studio to transmitter links are either in the 450-451 or 455-456mhz area or are in the 930 area or microwave bands) the freq mentioned may be a mobile news freq or similar.

ATCTech

152.090 was the news assignment editor frequency for CFTO for many, many years, It's been a long time since I had it programmed into any radio, but I'm pretty certain it was simplex (no repeater) in the late 70s and early 80s. If you're hearing broadcast production audio on it I suspect they're using it as a link back to a live reporter location.

SCPD

QRT

this is an old frequency, Brian Young the operations manager set up for the field cameras and the silver bullet that shot news. now it is a is used to by the controlroom for cp24, it is interfaced with the intercom, it is usually just always left open to hear the program audio , the ctcss is 136.5

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
152.090 was the news assignment editor frequency for CFTO for many, many years, It's been a long time since I had it programmed into any radio, but I'm pretty certain it was simplex (no repeater) in the late 70s and early 80s. If you're hearing broadcast production audio on it I suspect they're using it as a link back to a live reporter location.

This was one of the first audio I discovered when I moved to Toronto in 1993. It was simplex, I was able to hear units when they were in the west end (I lived just north of the Bloor subway line in a basment in a valley near High Park)

pathalogical

I had that in my radio, but everytime the radio scanned it would stop on it causing me to hit the scan button again and again. It's since been deleted from my radio, but it's good if you're away from your tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.