CubicSDR corrupt display on Macbook Pro 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul-Nuneaton

When I first tried CubicSDR on my Macbook Pro, I had a 4K external monitor connected and it all worked and looked normal.

I am thinking of taking it out for portable use at the weekend so unplugged my external monitor to see if it was readable on the 13" build in screen.
When I did it looked like the attached image.
Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 22.06.52.png
I can't hover over the waterfall to select anything normally. If I want to select the centre of the waterfall, I need to point where the centre would normally be, not where it actually is.
If I want to change mode, I have to point above and to the right of the mode I want until I see it highlighted, I can't click directly

I've closeed the machine down and restarted with only the internal display, but it made no difference.
I deleted the CubicSDR APP and removed the preferences files and plist files from the Libraries folder and reinstalled, but it is the same.

It is a pity I didn't have it on the internal screen only when I originally installed it then I would know if it was always like this.

I am running on Big Sur, so that might be an issue, but if it was, then I would expect the problem to be on either display.

Anyone else had this issue with CubicSDR?

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Did a little digging on the CubicSDR Github page under closed issues and found this link which was originally linked to from a closed issue.

Seems like it may have to do with HiDPI and its implementation in OpenGL and WxWidgets. The thread seemed to point to this link from WxWidgets for a fix.

If you compiled version 0.2.6a from the source code, you may need to download and compile a more recent version of WxWidgets if you don't have the latest. I never could get or find a clear indication whether or not this issue was actually fixed or not however. Seemed like somebody found a work around in the code, but maybe one of those two links can at least get you going down the right path.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Here, I also found a pull request that was made by the same people experiencing the issue. Looks like it is still open and hasn't been pulled into the main branch of the software yet.

and here is the user who made it and his fork of Cubic SDR, might be worth while to try to git clone and compile this version, but its 24 commits behind the main branch.

either that, or attempt to manually make the same changed Magela made in the code to see what happens.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Well, here, for what its worth, I forked the CubicSDR code and merged Magela's fix into it, if nothing else you could give it a shot. Don't know if it will fix your issue or not, but it might be the easiest thing to test out and see.

alsoren

When I first tried CubicSDR on my Macbook Pro, I had a 4K external monitor connected and it all worked and looked normal.

I am thinking of taking it out for portable use at the weekend so unplugged my external monitor to see if it was readable on the 13" build in screen.
When I did it looked like the attached image.
View attachment 92417
I can't hover over the waterfall to select anything normally. If I want to select the centre of the waterfall, I need to point where the centre would normally be, not where it actually is.
If I want to change mode, I have to point above and to the right of the mode I want until I see it highlighted, I can't click directly

I've closeed the machine down and restarted with only the internal display, but it made no difference.
I deleted the CubicSDR APP and removed the preferences files and plist files from the Libraries folder and reinstalled, but it is the same.

It is a pity I didn't have it on the internal screen only when I originally installed it then I would know if it was always like this.

I am running on Big Sur, so that might be an issue, but if it was, then I would expect the problem to be on either display.

Anyone else had this issue with CubicSDR?

I have found that if you go to cubicsdr in the applications folder, right click on the app, select get info, you can select to open the application in low resolution mode. This will fix the problem.

Paul-Nuneaton

I have found that if you go to cubicsdr in the applications folder, right click on the app, select get info, you can select to open the application in low resolution mode. This will fix the problem.
That is great, thank you.

I've never had much success compiling stuff so this is much better for me.
I didn't even know that option existed.

I have just set it and it works perfectly.

Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.