Culpeper bomb threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcgrotz

News reports bomb threat at Culpeper school or schools. VSP traffic on 159.165 has some units reporting to EOC building not familiar with area and getting directions. Nothing further.

P.S. Is the Culpeper 800 system in use now? Per the database it was going on line about a year ago. Can't hear it here in Ch'ville.

Last edited:

dtscho

Database Admin
Yes, Culpeper 800 system is in full use now. I didn't hear much of anything on the system late this morning, but I think the bomb threat was made last night shortly before midnight. When I was listening to the system at about one in the morning, there was some activity on talkgroups 42256 and 42288. These are rarely-used law enforcement talkgroups. I didn't know it at the time, but they were probably using these to coordinate response to the threat.

Dave

gcgrotz

Dave:

I loaded the Culpeper TRS in the scanner from RR and went up to Madison. I could hear it real well from there. Lots of routine traffic. I like their fire/res dispatch on one tg and response on another. They seem to have a LOT of tg's! I heard some traffic on the SIRS Patch too, that was cool and gives them even better interop than before if they are out of simplex range and the Culpeper units won't need lowband radios.

BTW, I have listened to the Madison LTR freqs and so far have heard nothing.

And also BTW, I haven't forgotten your freq lists I promised to send. This weekend promises to be less busy than last so I hope to get it done. Can you use excel files?

dtscho

Database Admin
I can hear Culpeper fairly well from near Fredericksburg. Sometimes the digital cuts out a little or warbles, but overall it's not bad.

By the Madison LTR, do you mean the one used by the schools? The only thing I've found on that are the school buses (using a single ID).

Yes, I can use Excel files. Thanks for sending the frequencies.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.