Culver City PD, FD, Etc. on BC396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephgut

Hello,

I hope that I'm putting this post in the correct location as I'm a newbie here. I have recently purchased a Uniden BC396XT and have used FreeScan and ARC XT Pro (demo) to upload frequencies for Culver City. I have uploaded (tried using both programs separately of course) and used the trunked Interagency Communications frequencies which included Beverly Hills and Culver City, and also uploaded the Conventional Beverly Hills and Culver City. I can get Beverly Hills to work, but have had absolutely no luck with Culver City. I can't tell if it's something with the software, the scanner, or I just don't have the correct settings of some sort. I assume that Culver City hasn't changed their frequencies or system type as I can receive most transmissions on my old Pro-96. I used the Import feature in both programs to get the frequencies from Radio Reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joseph

karldotcom

You uploaded Culver City and Beverly Hills as different systems right? If you uploaded them into a combined system that would create problems, as the scanner will lock onto the first control channel.

josephgut

Hi,

Yes I uploaded them as separate systems. RadioReference imports them automatically as separate systems when you import them.

In regards to the question about whether Beverly Hills was working in conventional or trunking I believe I'm hearing them on conventional as they are coming up on 453.5250. not exactly sure. The scanner shows Group 1 BLUE 1 when Beverly Hills comes on.

One other weird thing is that some Culver City frequencies are coming up - just not police or fire. I'm hearing right now that they're trying to remove raccoons out of a box somewhere in the school. This is coming in as "Culver USDsec" which should be Culver City Unified School District on 464.1625 which should also be conventional.

Maybe the trunking is not working for some reason. No idea why though as I imported them on RadioReference as trunking. Perhaps one clue is that I don't see "Interagency Communications" ever scroll by when scanning. Thanks for any help.

- Joseph

Last edited:

karldotcom

Downloading from RR is usually a starting point. I would make sure the system settings are correct....

press lower left side button (MENU)

Go to Program System (enter)

Go to Edit System Options (enter)

go to Edit Band Plan (enter)

go to Band Plan One (enter)

the settings should be

You do receive the control channel right (482.5625)?

Status
Not open for further replies.