Cumberland County Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

habfleet

Premium Subscriber
New to all this scanning stuff alot has changed from when I had monitored in the past. My question is Except for Vineland City I can not receive any transmissions from the EMS/Fire units only the dispatch from the County. I have a BCD436HP I did get a longer steel ant. but didn't make much diffrence.I have what ever I could find in the data base programmed in.

Thanks for any help

Septa3371CSX1

New to all this scanning stuff alot has changed from when I had monitored in the past. My question is Except for Vineland City I can not receive any transmissions from the EMS/Fire units only the dispatch from the County. I have a BCD436HP I did get a longer steel ant. but didn't make much diffrence.I have what ever I could find in the data base programmed in.

Thanks for any help

I believe most of the Fire/EMS units in Cumberland County operate on simplex channels. You'll need to be fairly close to the field units in order to hear them.

habfleet

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info that sound like what the issue may be Thanks !!

habfleet

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info scary that this is the way the EMS/Fire/Police must work at this point of technology I think the systems were much better years ago when I was involved.

Septa3371CSX1

Would this new system be standalone or would it use the NJICS core? Seems it would make sense to be part of the NJICS since Bridgeton and Millville are already on that system.

KC2KQH

Based on what I've seen so far, I would expect this to be its own system. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bridgeton and Millville move to this new system once it is online. Given the number of sites that have been licensed to date, this new system should have much greater coverage capabilities in the area as compared to the NJICS system. Either way, those using radios on the NJICS system can have both systems programmed into their radios easily enough for the sake of interoperability.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.