Cumberland County - Carlisle Borough PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg1969

Is The Carlisle PD still using their own trunked system or are they now being dispatched by the County? I have them programmed in my favorites list on my HP-1 and have not heard a thing. Granted, I have been listening from home in Perry County as I just installed it in my vehicle yesterday. I know there was news a while back about them switching to county dispatch, but I don't know if that ever came to fruition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dmg1969

OK...good to know. Maybe I am just too far away at home. I can't imagine that it's a very powerful system. Now that I have the HP-1 mobile mounted, I should be able to pick them up when in Cumberland County.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I was east of Carlisle yesterday and was still picking up traffic on their old TRS. As far as I know, though, they are stll supposed to be switching to the county OpenSky system. I don't know the timeline for that, though.

dmg1969

I have yet to hear anything on their two TG's either at home in Newport or on the road from Perry County down to Dauphin. Even when I've ventured into Cumberland when I go to my parents' house. It must be a lower power system since it is just their department.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I have yet to hear anything on their two TG's either at home in Newport or on the road from Perry County down to Dauphin. Even when I've ventured into Cumberland when I go to my parents' house. It must be a lower power system since it is just their department.

I was in Hampden Twp and was barely able to receive it on a handheld.

dmg1969

Yeah, that would explain it then. The only chance I have of hearing it is if I have to run down to the Cumberland County courthouse for work. Oh well, I will keep it programmed of just that occasion.

dmg1969

I did actually get two hits as I was leaving work on the way to my M-I-L's house to help her with something. Two hits and that was it. But I was picking it up just across the Susquehanna in Susquehanna Twp. Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.