Cumberland County Public Safety Encryption

zachgallop

It seems that public safety channels for Cumberland County on this system(Cumberland County Public Safety Trunking System, Crossville, Tennessee) for Law Enforcement, Fire, and EMS are now encrypted. This encryption change seems now to include dispatch channels. Previously some of the secondary channels were encrypted but the dispatch channels were unencrypted.

QuickSix17

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm after some system analysis with my equipment, that Crossville Police, Cumberland County Sheriff, and Cumberland EMS are indeed ENCRYPTED. Its yet to be determined on Cumberland or Crossville Fire. Didn't get any hits on them while I was in the area. It's a sad day for us local scanner hobbyist for Cumberland County, but when you have the general public glued to their scanner "Apps" and showing up at emergency scenes before Emergency Personnel can even arrive causing problems - I get it. Maybe on down the road it'll go back open, but very unlikely.

12dbsinad

but when you have the general public glued to their scanner "Apps" and showing up at emergency scenes before Emergency Personnel can even arrive causing problems - I get it. Maybe on down the road it'll go back open, but very unlikely.
Yep. It's called being your own worst enemy. Can't forget about it then being splattered all over social media sites, which usually contains misinformation as things always get twisted.

If you ask any dept why they choose to go E you'll usually always get the same answer, the one you mention.

radiocrazy123

Not sure why anyone on this site is surprised that another has gone dark. This has been the trend for decades across the US. This county was waiting to upgrade the final few TK P25 Kenwood radios to new Harris radios before flipping the switch. Encryption was a penny upgrade with Harris :)