Cuming County Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_tunz

Check out the Cuming County scanner feed. I currently have a differnt scanner in place with an external antenna and Iam thinking about leaving in place. I have it programed with alot of countys around Cuming County.

Check it out and let me know what you think. It may become a permant deal.

mr_tunz

Cuming County Nebraska Feed Provider

W0JJK

What all counties do you have it scanning. I think I heard Madison, Platte, Colfax and Stanton?

elephant

Check out the Cuming County scanner feed. I currently have a differnt scanner in place with an external antenna and Iam thinking about leaving in place. I have it programed with alot of countys around Cuming County.

Check it out and let me know what you think. It may become a permant deal.

mr_tunz

Cuming County Nebraska Feed Provider

Nice feed. That outdoor antenna makes a big difference. Are you in West Point? If so, and this may be a stretch, but with the outdoor antenna, are you able to pull in Norfolk PD? As a former Norfolk resident, I sure do miss that feed. If not, thanks for providing the feed that you do. It's still great to listen to stuff from close to home.

Doug
Phoenix, AZ

mr_tunz

Nice feed. That outdoor antenna makes a big difference. Are you in West Point? If so, and this may be a stretch, but with the outdoor antenna, are you able to pull in Norfolk PD? As a former Norfolk resident, I sure do miss that feed. If not, thanks for providing the feed that you do. It's still great to listen to stuff from close to home.

Doug
Phoenix, AZ

I would love to be able to pull Norfolk Iam going to try and adjust the atenna to see if I can pick them up. I loved listening to the Norfolk feed **when it was up**.

As far as countys I have Stanton,Colfax,Madison,Cuming, Burt Co Fire and Rescue, Dodge County and Dodge CO Rural Fire.

And yes Iam located in West Point Iam on the North West corner of town **the lowest part**. I did live about a blk from the court house up till January.

If I can come up with another BCT 15 or a 396 I would like to add more county and put Alpha Tags up. But that will take some serious cash.

mr_tunz

Doug if you know anyone that lives in Norfolk maybe you could get them to let you put a scanner setup in there place so it could broadcast it out. I would be willing to help ya with it too if you needed.

W0JJK

On Cuming sheriff, are you listening to 460.2 or 465.2? I don't hear the ID'er of the repeater.

mr_tunz

On Cuming sheriff, are you listening to 460.2 or 465.2? I don't hear the ID'er of the repeater.

I assuming ur talking about the Fcc beep call sign right ??? I listen to 460.200 I do have 465.2 in the scanner but cureently locked out. Iam not sure if radio maintance has done somthing to it either but now that u mention it I havent heard it either. I will check into and see whats up.

Mr_tunz

W0JJK

I notice it to that the some were of West Point PD traffic was noisy, and I know that that repeater has good coverage.

Thanks for hosting the audio.

mikeoz

Cuming County Feed

Sometimes they broadcast the ID as CSQ and the voice with PL tones. If the scanner is programmed with the PL tones then the id may not open up. I notice this in some counties with fire page out. The page out tones are CSQ but the voice is PL.

mr_tunz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes they broadcast the ID as CSQ and the voice with PL tones. If the scanner is programmed with the PL tones then the id may not open up. I notice this in some counties with fire page out. The page out tones are CSQ but the voice is PL"

The scanner is us is a simple uniden bct 350 so it doesnt have pl tone programing.

"I notice it to that the some were of West Point PD traffic was noisy, and I know that that repeater has good coverage"

As far as the noisy traffic for West Point Pd. They have a radio problem in a cruiser. I hear it at work and on my rescue portable as well. I have done the paper work to report it to the pd and the radio maintance cant find out what wrong. It never acts up when they have it. So I guess we live with it.

W0JJK

This repeater does strip the PL on cw id. It has a PL of 77 for voice traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.