Cunningham S/F last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Did anyone hear Denver/Cunningham/Aurora and Arapaho SO get dispatched to a S/F at 2030 South Quebec last night? I want to say it was after 2200 last night...:confused:
yep.
Response was from Cunningham, dispatched first on Denver, then Littleton, First arrivals stated they could handle 'the situation'. All others stood down. The rest of the call I think was handled on car-to-car or cellphones.

MNN /094

Warbirdhunter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

lazierfan said:
Did anyone hear Denver/Cunningham/Aurora and Arapaho SO get dispatched to a S/F at 2030 South Quebec last night? I want to say it was after 2200 last night...:confused:
yep.
Response was from Cunningham, dispatched first on Denver, then Littleton, First arrivals stated they could handle 'the situation'. All others stood down. The rest of the call I think was handled on car-to-car or cellphones.

MNN /094

Thanks!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
When someone has a chance. What is the typical "Denver task-force" made up of?

Is it 4 engines, 3 trucks, 2 chiefs, Rescue-1, Hammer-1.

Then there is a high rise task force, and a high risk (like school or hospital or nursing home) task force.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
and of course that's different than the typical Box and Group assignments which you hear DFD responding to everyday but we are getting OT for this thread.

Jim<

Warbirdhunter

and of course that's different than the typical Box and Group assignments which you hear DFD responding to everyday but we are getting OT for this thread.

Jim<

Not really Jim..When I heard this one dispatched they said Denver was sending a Task-Force, so I asked in the context of them sending one to this call. :wink: As always Jim, great information Thanks!

suppression3

Premium Subscriber
A "Task Force" in Denver is 3 Engines, 2 Trucks, 2 Chiefs, Rescue 1, Hamer 1 and the next closest company to be the RIT { this could be an engine or a truck }. A regular assignment is 2 Engines, 2 Trucks, 2 Chiefs the Rescue and the next closest company. So a task force is really only an Engine and the Hamer above the normal assingment. The "Task Force" was was started several years ago when there was only 2 engines a truck and a chief on all assignments. A task force was a way to get a lot more resources on scene without calling a second alarm which then starts a long call list which most chiefs don't want.
Presently we are no longer supposed to use the term task force. A larger assignment is "supposed" to be sent automatically to high rises, schools, warehouses, multi family more than three stories and nursing homes.

Warbirdhunter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

suppression3 said:
A "Task Force" in Denver is 3 Engines, 2 Trucks, 2 Chiefs, Rescue 1, Hamer 1 and the next closest company to be the RIT { this could be an engine or a truck }. A regular assignment is 2 Engines, 2 Trucks, 2 Chiefs the Rescue and the next closest company. So a task force is really only an Engine and the Hamer above the normal assingment. The "Task Force" was was started several years ago when there was only 2 engines a truck and a chief on all assignments. A task force was a way to get a lot more resources on scene without calling a second alarm which then starts a long call list which most chiefs don't want.
Presently we are no longer supposed to use the term task force. A larger assignment is "supposed" to be sent automatically to high rises, schools, warehouses, multi family more than three stories and nursing homes.

Wow! Great information thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.