• Air-Evac Crashes

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Other

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

I deffinantly listen for Air-Evac units going down :D other than that, I scan Fire, EMS, and Police pretty equally, depending on location.

KD5WLX

Fire and the amateur repeaters. I don't listen to police unless something big is going down, and then usually locked on. When I've tried to scan, it seems to never leave UDN because they never shut up, and then I miss fire calls!

Then again, I spent 15 years in the fire service!

CommShrek

KD5WLX said:
Fire and the amateur repeaters. I don't listen to police unless something big is going down, and then usually locked on. When I've tried to scan, it seems to never leave UDN because they never shut up, and then I miss fire calls!

Then again, I spent 15 years in the fire service!

UDN never shuts up!? Here's something to think about: UDN makes up about 30% of Tulsa's population but is responsible for 80% of Tulsa's crime rate.

Here's another one: I was in Florida at one time and I discovered that a certain ethnic group that while only representing a small percentage of the total state population represented a LARGE percent of the prison population.

I don't think I need to tell you which group that was. ;)

Medic32

nah. its curiosity where a rip on air-evac was able to fit its way in. i was sitting around today and realized i never scan PD's. Only Fire/EMS. I used to listen to Creek county sheriff till i no longer knew any dispatchers there. But at the same time i was making the poll i was hearing Air-Evac 6 drop in a St. John's lol

KE5EHI

Usually just TFD (Main, Tac channels, HAZMAT), UDS, TPD tac channels (C, F, & I) and a few others like special events. I'm not really out except when I go to and from work and for most of that I'm in UDS area. Listen to fire to see how busy it is so I know what it's going to be like when I hit the streets. I have TCSO and OHP Troop B programmed in, but I have them off unless I know they are doing something. Same with UDN and UDE and the car to car channels.

I have most of the repeaters that I listen to are for severe weather in Tulsa (443.85, 146.94, and 146.88), but when I'm chasing I usually just have them up on my HAM and my scanner on NWR.

I need to get a handheld 800MHz with trunking so I can listen to TPD when I'm at work because we only have fire on our radios, except the supervisors, they have TPD.

mfolta1

CommShrek said:
UDN never shuts up!? Here's something to think about: UDN makes up about 30% of Tulsa's population but is responsible for 80% of Tulsa's crime rate.

Here's another one: I was in Florida at one time and I discovered that a certain ethnic group that while only representing a small percentage of the total state population represented a LARGE percent of the prison population.

I don't think I need to tell you which group that was. ;)

i know!!

http://www.kotv.com/news/?111620

or http://www.kotv.com/news/?111614

Last edited:

CommShrek

mfolta1 said:

Yep, "dem's da won's". One is even what's known as a Katrician. I realize that there were some good folks that had to leave NOLA and actually are productive citizens...somewhere....I think...but I never hear about them.

What I do hear about are the "Katricians" that have relocated to different parts of the country. Bad stuff usually follows. Here's a news story about it. Gun store owners in Houston are running radio adds encouraging people to arm themselves against the "Katricians". If the link is broke, just type the above mentioned K word into google and let 'er rip.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printed...8sep18,1,6511386.story?coll=la-news-a_section

peterjmag

Police, Fire, EMS, Emergency Managment,ODOT, Skywarn, PSO, and Aviation.

PD,OHP,FD,EMS usually 24/7
EMA, Skywarn, and PSO during the spring
OHP, ODOT, and PSO in the winter
Aviation sometimes

P.J.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Scanning Preference

Medic32 said:
Just a curiosity poll to see what everyone enjoys scanning

I really like scanning the police, since OKC will soon be silent to me, looks like OHP will be my first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.