Current Carroll County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Just checking to see if I am scanning all the current Carroll County Fire conventional frequencies:

453.2625 PL 114.8 - Great Trail Fire
460.3000 DPL 251 - Carrollton Site
460.3250 DPL 243 - Countywide Dispatch
460.3750 DPL 251 - Dellroy Site

I also monitor TG 9500 on MARCS

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yep that's pretty much it. Odd that I've never programmed in the fireground frequencies now that I'm in Carrollton. I probably should. I definitely hear fire activity on the various frequencies you mentioned when there is a fire, but I think we miss a lot with that and i suspect it's because they are using fireground simplex frequencies on scene.

Incidentally, CCVFD recently merged with Carrollton VFD, with all equipment now at Carrollton VFD.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
No fireground frequencies here either though I would be hard-pressed to pick them up in simplex this far out.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Assuming they would still be on the Carrollton Repeater?

Yes, at least they have been the recent times I've heard them. I'm not sure if / when all VFDs in the county will move to MARCS. I'm guessing never. I do occasionally hear traffic on 9500 (and I forget who I hear), but I think there are only one or two FDs (excluding the obvoius ones up north like GTFD, SCJFD, MVJFD) who even have any MARCS radios. I'll hear traffic on 9500 when some VFD at the south end of county is providing mutual aid (or getting mutual aid from) some Jefferson Co or Harrison Co FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.