Current Firmware version

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoplinFossil

Premium Subscriber
Can someone with a Uniden BCD436hp tell me what the current firmware version is. I have 1.26.00. just trying to make sure my computer and scanner are talking together. I seem to be having lots of trouble like a lot of other newbies. Thanks

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Can someone with a Uniden BCD436hp tell me what the current firmware version is. I have 1.26.00. just trying to make sure my computer and scanner are talking together. I seem to be having lots of trouble like a lot of other newbies. Thanks

As others have said, 1.26 is the most current to date. What issues are you having?

JoplinFossil

Premium Subscriber
As others have said, 1.26 is the most current to date. What issues are you having?
Right now loading and listening to what I have picked out on Radioreference databases. head is about to spit from reading and watching videos. I'm determined to figure this thing out.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Be sure to install Uniden's USB driver.
So about this. You don’t need the Uniden USB Driver when your BCD436HP is in “Mass Storage Mode” which is what you need to do when you are using Sentinel to update the “Home Patrol Database” [Zip Code Database] and Firmware.

If you need to use the serial output of the BCD436HP for a app that potentially needs it, that’s when you install the Uniden Serial Driver. I’ve don’t use anything that reads the serial data, so I don’t need the driver.

JoplinFossil

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to everyone. As today I got 2 favorites configured and working. As others said read and watch video’s. Still have priority and lots of others to figure out but with all of your help I’ll get there.

teknishun

Thanks to everyone. As today I got 2 favorites configured and working. As others said read and watch video’s. Still have priority and lots of others to figure out but with all of your help I’ll get there.

Half the fun of these new fangled scanners that do everything is figuring out HOW to make them work!
The other half is the actual listening. Don't get discouraged!

These scanners are amazing little devices with lots and lots and LOTS of options.
The only real way to learn them is to be a "knob twiddler."

And also THANKS for joining and supporting Radio Reference. Have fun.

JoplinFossil

Premium Subscriber
Half the fun of these new fangled scanners that do everything is figuring out HOW to make them work!
The other half is the actual listening. Don't get discouraged!

These scanners are amazing little devices with lots and lots and LOTS of options.
The only real way to learn them is to be a "knob twiddler."

And also THANKS for joining and supporting Radio Reference. Have fun.

And how I’ve been knob twiddlen. 😁

RFI-EMI-GUY

On this same topic...

1) I am way behind in updating my BCD536HP. It has been working fine. I have V1.11.20

2) In future I might want to install DMR and NXDN.

Are there any recommendations as to the most stable , if not the latest firmware version? Considering # 2) Above..

Also is there a change log or bug list for the FW versions?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Are there any recommendations as to the most stable , if not the latest firmware version? Considering # 2) Above..
The latest firmware version for the BCD536HP is 1.26.00. That update improved performance on simulcast systems. The upgrades for ProVoice, DMR, and NXDN reside in the firmware. You just need to purchase the keys to enable them. That is why you need to update the firmware if you plan on any upgrades.

RFI-EMI-GUY

On this same topic...

1) I am way behind in updating my BCD536HP. It has been working fine. I have V1.11.20

2) In future I might want to install DMR and NXDN.

Also is there a change log or bug list for the FW versions?

Thanks to those who responded regarding 1.26.00 as latest. Some follow up:

Will I have to change or update anything in my previously downloaded list of favorites? In other words is going from V1.11.20 to V1.26.00 seamless?

Will SIREN app still work?

Any recommendations for a back up flash memory, type, size? I want to start using record feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.