CushCraft "TrickStick" Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Does anyone remember the CushCraft "TrickStick" adjustable dipole antenna, in this case the MS-2 specifically though any other model/version will probably also work, *and* might even still have one *and* the instructions for it?

I recently was going through some of my stuff I have in storage, trying to get things a bit more `organized?' in preparation for our hoped to be eventual move, and I discovered that I still had one left over from one of my past `experiments'. Unfortunately I seem to have both lost the instructions, assembly and tuning diagrams, and *may* be missing a few parts for the mount. *If* I `disremembers prezactly I think, they were just a couple 2 - 3 sheets of paper that gave a parts list, a diagram on how to assemble, and adjustment points for the two sliding elements. IE: What markers, (EG: black, blue, green, and red painted on rings), on the sliding elements were for what `band' and which holes in the `mast' piece lined up with which holes in the center insulator along with which `reinforcement' bits-n-pieces were used.

If someone *does* happen to still have the instructions and can scan them into a couple 2 - 3 graphics files could you PM me here and we can work out a transfer?

I'd like to be able to use the "TrickStick" as an adjustable/aimable `noise antenna' with my ANC-4 so that I don't have to go and string up a whole `gaggle' of assorted wire dipoles and hassle with them and their attendant switching `hacks'. (I'm trying to keep the down the number of antennas I'll end up having to worry about during the winter and end up having to take down when we finally can get moved from here. {WAN GRIN!})

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
CushCraft customer service is pretty good. I had bought a used VHF beam and needed the manual for it. Called 'em up, guy said they had the manual even though it was an out of production model, took my address and mailed it to me for free. Give 'em a call.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
ReceiverBeaver said:
CushCraft customer service is pretty good. I had bought a used VHF beam and needed the manual for it. Called 'em up, guy said they had the manual even though it was an out of production model, took my address and mailed it to me for free. Give 'em a call.
That's one of the things on my `To Do List', VS the `Honey Do List', for this up coming week. {GRIN!} I was just kinda hoping that, knowing how many `Packrats' there are here on RR, someone might happen to have the info and I'd possibly be able to at least make an attempt at putting it up one way or the other this weekend. {WAN GRIN!}

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I did a search for that antenna. I was able to download a photo. Is this it? it looks pretty darn large.

Joe

Attachments

• m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,911

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Half and readers,

Not being a walking antenna catalog I'll take an educated guess and say those colored markings are for adjusting it for the band in use. Being a dipole the formula is 468/F in MHz which gives you 1/2 wave for a dipole end to end. From there you may determine which color represents which band.

Joe, those look like top to bottom a 3el 6M beam, something I can't see clearly that may be for 23cM and two Long Boomers for 2M and 70cM respectively. In any case I don't see anything resembling a dipole.

Status
Not open for further replies.