Custom 1-8 service type

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderblue

What is the proper way in sentinel to program a custom channel using the green cross to edit? Do use need one of the custom numbers as long as you have the custom number enabled or do use the the service type as listed in RR.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Seriously?

Use the standard service types (EMS, fire, law enforcement, etc.) for things that match those categories.

Use custom types for things that do not, like search results you haven't figured out yet.

fenderblue

Ok fine, jonwienke. What are the (racing officials-racing teams used for? I haven't found any frequencies listed on RR or is a custom type too for nascar team and drivers?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
They are used for racing officials and teams for NASCAR and Indy races, just as the category names indicate. The exact frequencies depend on the venue, participants, etc. and vary from race to race.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You can choose whatever Service Type that you wish. As long as the given Service Type has been enabled in the scanner, the newly created channel will be scanned. (Of course Quick Keys, Avoids, etc. still apply).

You may have a good reason in your "scanning plan" to assign an "off" Service Type. For example, my local public works channels have been assigned to Custom 1, which I have enabled in the scanner. That way I can scan just my local public works channels, without hearing all other public works channels if I'm scanning the full database.

Status
Not open for further replies.