custom frequency list to import to CHIRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wqyx995

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the newb question, I have searched for several hours now, so here goes..........

can I create a custom list in RadioReference from the database of a variety of agencies and then import it to CHIRP?

I want to build a custom list for specific Oregon frequencies,currently CHIRP imports by zip code which will be very tedious.

Last edited:

wqyx995

Premium Subscriber
understood on CHIRP file, but you can only import from RR via zip code to CHIRP so far my zip code reference does not import for example BLM agency, and if I cross reference to a city I know its located in by its zip code RR does not include those frequencies

wqyx995

Premium Subscriber
In other words I go to CHIRP,Radio,Query data source,select RadioReference.com, and the only option for importing is by zip code, that only transfers police,fire/ems type listings for that area.

There appears to be no way to zero in on the agency listings to get them to transfer to CHIRP. If anybody knows of a way to do that please let me know. Like I say I've input the city/zip code where the agency should show up in the list but its not doing it.

MarkGC1955

Sorry for the newb question, I have searched for several hours now, so here goes..........

can I create a custom list in RadioReference from the database of a variety of agencies and then import it to CHIRP?

I want to build a custom list for specific Oregon frequencies,currently CHIRP imports by zip code which will be very tedious.
I know it's a lot quicker to simply import database info to CHIRP but I simply create my own custom frequency lists in CHIRP then write them into my ham radio handheld transceiver. I save my custom lists on my PC and if necessary simply pick one of my customized lists and re-write them into my transceiver.
Good luck, hope this is some help.
Mark, Amateur Radio Station WN3SIX

wqyx995

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate the response's to my question, I suspected that would be the way to do it. Was just hoping there was a possible short-cut. Thanks much,Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.