Custom search issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Why is it that when I assign a name to a custom search (i.e. "BUSINESS"), DMR system, site and talk group data no longer displays? When I rename it back to default, the info shows up again....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Are you changing the name in the scanner menu, or in Sentinel? I've not had any issues when making edits in Sentinel.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
It's via the menu. I will try Sentinel.
...You'd think it would work the same either way. [emoji15]

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It is much easier to screw things up programming a trunked system from the scanner menu.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Well, I tried naming some of the custom searches with Sentinel and I still am not seeing the additional info on the screen. I have been using ARC536 for years, but didn't set up the profile via Sentinel.....at least not recently.

On a possibly related subject, is this radio supposed to display P25/Motorola trunked system data when a CC frequency is entered in quick search mode? That seems to have maybe disappeared some time ago.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
If you change the search name from the default it will not show the information (as you discovered). Paul Opitz stated this in a post months ago and I'm not sure of the reasoning, but that is how it is.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Okay, well that's lame.
I did not catch that post. Thanks for the info. I am sure P25 doesn't display for the same reason, then.

Another reason in my mind why SDR is the future and hardware scanners are on their way to extinction.

racingfan360

Okay, well that's lame.

I agree it's very lame, for a 'top end' scanner like this.

One 'workaround' I've found for DMR is to - using Sentinel or ARC536PRO - create a Conventional System/Site with names of your choice, and then add in the frequency you want to monitor. Upload it to the scanner. Scroll to then lock out the frequency. Put the scanner in VFO mode, tune to the frequency in question, and then manually add it back to the same System/Site. It's a pain, but it's better than getting no Group or RID info.

Status
Not open for further replies.