Customers, Customers, Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
You know, there are many many times that I just bite my tongue and suck it up when I have to deal with aboslute terrible customers on this site, but I wanted you guys to see some of the crappy stuff that I have to put up with.

Check out this email that I got today from a "new" user of the site

I just paid for one year subscription to your advertizement site.

i spent several hours on your site and never found one frequency.

remove me and credit my account for the 30 bucks ypu just billed on my credit card ending in xxxx-

I noticed some person on one of the forums asking for the trunked frequencies for his area. thay is what your job is supposed to be.

Credit my account before I contact the credit card company and the Better Business people.

xxxxx xxxxxxx

Listed as xxxx in your website

Name removed to keep his privacy, but sheesh.

hoser147

Guess they should have paid to have their scanner programed, Unfortunately you cant make em all happy.......Your as much allowed to vent here as anyone else. If you do decide to givem the credit back I would block em from the site. Just be happy that there are far more good people here than most sites.........Best of Luck Hoser

rpgallagher

Premium Subscriber
About memberships, but positively

Anyone who could spend hours and find no frequency of use may not exactly be acquainted with what he wants to hear? I mean, how could you even...

But him aside, I did wonder if there's a way to have the system tell when a membership is a current member's renewal so the new one picks up when the old one expires. In my case, I only lost a few days with the overlap, and the site's worth well more than that. I did search, though, for "renewal" (didn't search for hours, I admit!) and couldn't find a way to do it. Maybe I missed a link in the e-mail about upcoming expiration?

Hours? He couldn't have spent hours..... :)

Ron

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ron,

The new subscription does pickup when the old one expires.... you probably mistook the fact that subscriptions are $7.50/90 days of access ($30 = 360 days of access not 365)

Look at your subscription details and focus on the effective date of your subscription payment.

Highpockets

Maybe he downloaded what he needed and figures that only took me 2 hours, (or less) and I won't need anything else, now that it's in my software and I see how it's done, why pay, I'll get my money back.

Lindsay, can you tell if someone actually did that?

WouffHong

Membesrhips.. Some good some bad. :)

That's pretty radical from this guy.. I don't envy you.. I run 8 YAHOO Groups - from Post-Polio-Syndrome (600 members) to a space and medical ones - some 1400 members - and have had some "interesting" complainers, too. :)

But, just curious, Lindsay: DID you see any merit in my suggestion about a month ago to set up a membership category for the infrequent downloaders like myself who can draw upon an account "balance" that doesn't expire until it has been used up.

Maybe establish some rate per download cost and one could "buy" 1 or 5 or 10 downloads without an expiring date?

In other words an account "$$-balance-remaining-based" rather than "time-based"?

It would bring in the lower-income/retiree/outrght-frugal (grin) folks into the fold as contributing members, at least, and also those who perhaps only download, perhaps one or two times a year, if that.

Just a thought..

Tom

You know, there are many many times that I just bite my tongue and suck it up when I have to deal with aboslute terrible customers on this site, but I wanted you guys to see some of the crappy stuff that I have to put up with.

Check out this email that I got today from a "new" user of the site

Name removed to keep his privacy, but sheesh.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Unfortunetly Lindsay, it will never change..... Just have to laugh and let it go I guess.
I would love to see your face when you receive those emails haha.
Take care
Ron

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tom, I do see some merit in different subscription models such as the one you suggest, however I'm not ready yet to to change the model just yet. It's also important to note that the premium subscription model encompass more than the Web service download feature, so that plays into the decision making process as well.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Are there files not showable to someone like me that is on the "free" plan? I'm considering getting a subscription whenever I get a digital scanner(looking as of this moment) to replace my 8 year old radio shack 2040. The current model for subscriptions you have seems very sensible and I wouldn't change it as it looks worth it to me.

WouffHong

alternative subscription models..

Understand - When I refer to "download" , it would apply to folks who occasionally need an update to an existing Scanner programming, and don't need the other paid-benefits so much. It would also eliminate most of the "hey - would you go onto RR and get the latest CSV file for lower slobovia for me, buddy" syndrome. :)

I will admit that as a Post-Polio-Syndrome (http://pps.info) person, typing is pretty painful, and so many of our disAbleds of all conditions enjoy Ham Radio and Scanning to eliminate the crushing boredoms, are on Disability/SS/SSI income, and have a degree of cognitive and/or physical limitations, that a downloaded Scanner-programming file is a godsend. :)

'Nuff sed.. Back in the weeds go I.. :)

73 es G'Bless..

Tom
http://w4nov.com

Tom, I do see some merit in different subscription models such as the one you suggest, however I'm not ready yet to to change the model just yet. It's also important to note that the premium subscription model encompass more than the Web service download feature, so that plays into the decision making process as well.

CCHLLM

Like some above, my question would be HOW do you spend several hours on this site and NOT find a single frequency? That must actually take a concerted effort. My neighbor's inbred Golden Retarded who is one synapse away from photosynthesis is smarter than that.

Last edited:

btritch

Like some above, my question would be HOW do you spend several hours on this site and NOT find a single frequency? That must actually take a concerted effort. My neighbor's inbred Golden Retarded who is one synapse away from photosynthesis is smarter than that.

Agreed...'nuff said..

hoser147

Understand - When I refer to "download" , it would apply to folks who occasionally need an update to an existing Scanner programming, and don't need the other paid-benefits so much. It would also eliminate most of the "hey - would you go onto RR and get the latest CSV file for lower slobovia for me, buddy" syndrome. :)

I will admit that as a Post-Polio-Syndrome (http://pps.info) person, typing is pretty painful, and so many of our disAbleds of all conditions enjoy Ham Radio and Scanning to eliminate the crushing boredoms, are on Disability/SS/SSI income, and have a degree of cognitive and/or physical limitations, that a downloaded Scanner-programming file is a godsend. :)

'Nuff sed.. Back in the weeds go I.. :)

73 es G'Bless..

Tom
http://w4nov.com

I can see what Toms talking about and it also has merit, You have people that only use the download once or twice a year and then their are others that use it for their businesses that use it multiple times and charge for the services.

n5ims

Yea Lindsay, when are you going to get that mind reading function working on this site so all I need to do is think about it and the exact frequencies display? I mean actually having to click a few times is really hard work!

Keep up the good work!

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
They're probably the same people that go to a restaurant and complain about the meal, just to get a free meal.

Lindsay, you could always take the Scanning USA approach and tell your customers that it's a "privilege" to be a RadioReference customer.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I think you just need to implement one additional policy - NO REFUNDS. Seriously, what a hassle to go thru just for someone who probably (as others have said) downloaded what he needed and now wants his money back. I'd love to have a peek at the logs to see (yes for those who are wondering, Lindsay DOES have a way to see what's been downloaded, when and by whom).

-AZ

DPD1

I feel your pain... The fact that he refers to it as an "advertizement site" shows that he's probably missing on a couple cylinders. I never understood why there were so many grumpy store owners when I was younger. I've come to understand why over the last 7 years.

Dave
http://www.dpdproductions.com
Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

Status
Not open for further replies.