SDS100/SDS200: Customized Display on SDS100/SDS200/Sentinel

sadave

Good morning!

This past week, a couple of anomalies appeared related to the customized displays on my SDS100 as well as the Sentinel profile settings for my SDS200. Bottom line up front. Everything is now working properly but wanted to share in the event others have encountered similar issues.

First, the SDS100 was exposed to the heat of a locked car. It was turned off but when I powered on the unit, the customized display had reverted back to the original out-of-box specifications. This was present across all my favorites lists and allowing it to cool off had no effect. When I got home, I checked the SDS100 profile in Sentinel and saw it was unchanged. The issue was quickly corrected by connecting the unit to my computer and clicking "Write to Scanner" in Sentinel.

Second, while checking the SDS100 profile in Sentinel, I also took a look at the SDS200 profile and found the "Edit Display" button was grayed out. Weird. In this case the customized display on the SDS200 was working fine so I connected it to the computer and clicked "Read from Scanner." That restored the "Edit Display" button in the Sentinel SDS200 profile and all is right again with the world.

Shep

sadave

The Edit Display option is available only if the Target Model is set to SDS100 or SDS200. The Target Model is set under the Tools tab in Sentinel.
Yes. That is correct. In this case, the target model was set to SDS200 but the Edit Display was grayed out. Only when I "Read from Scanner" into Sentinel did the Edit Display come back on.