• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Customizing PPS w/ your logo and how you can manually change your pager screen outside PPS

jabbeaux

I like how APX software lets me customize the programming software w/ a logo/text. I ALSO wanted to customize my pager's homescreen down to the pixel, font, color. Noticed all this is fairly easy to do. Here's what the software + my pager looks like after doing both modifications below...of course they're separate and you could do either one only.
Album:

To customize the PPS software header w/ your logo + text

1. In Windows' File Explorer, navigate to PPS's install directory, click on the folder w/ version of PPS you're using, then click into "LogoBar" folder. For my PPS version 3.16 Beta24, the path is C:\Unication\G_Series_PPS_V00-03-16_Beta24\LogoBar
  2. To change the "U" logo, replace Unicationlogo.png with your preferred logo. This file should be 54x60 pixels, PNG format. Use colors that show against the green background at top of PPS.
  3. To change the "G Series PPS" tagline, replace ProductName.png with your preferred image. This file should be 190x30 pixels, PNG format. Use colors that show against the PPS's default green software background.
  4. If you want to customize the "About" window within PPS, I also attached the image to edit. Look for AboutBack.png it's in the same directory above. File is 418x216 pixels, PNG format.

To customize your pager's (G2 thru G5) banner w/ any custom image
Note: The below instructions aren't necessary because you can entirely do this within PPS. But, it's what happens behind the scenes in PPS to customize the banner, should you be interested...or find yourself struggling in the future.
  1. In Windows' File Explorer, navigate to where PPS saves your user-profile's files. This is different than above location. For PPS version 3.16 Beta24, my user directory is here C:\ProgramData\Unication\G_Series_PPS_V00-03-16_Beta24\UserData\DataBase\Organization
  2. You'll want to fine the "profile" to edit. For me, I just edited/saved in PPS so it's the most recent one. In Windows' File Explorer, I sort the Organization folder (step above) by "Date Modified". The .db files change dates when you edit a profile, but the corresponding folders do not. So I find the most recently edited .db, which for me is named something like 0ebddr7b-a0e2-5e1r-b29e-4t43r2fddah1.db Then open the corresponding folder with the same name ("0ebddr7b-a0e2-5e1r-b29e-4t43r2fddah1")
  3. In this folder is a Customer.png file. That's the image you want to edit. PPS generates this image in the software when you customize the home screen. Instead, I open in my favorite image editor and change as I like >> save back into this folder >> then in PPS program the pager. Done! This file should be 320x75 pixels, PNG format. The default background color is Black (hex #000000), but a transparent background shows up just as well...maybe better.

A few tips:
  • I've attached the original Unication images. In case you accidentally overwrite.
  • I edit images using free Photo Editor : Pixlr.com - free image editing online site, but any image editor will work perfectly.
  • It's easiest to open the original file (to set the correct cavas size), delete the image there, then add my own image/logo/text.
Enjoy customizing your PPS software and pager's look to your wishes!

Attachments

• AboutBack.png
    AboutBack.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 22
  • ProductName.png
    ProductName.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Unicationlogo.png
    Unicationlogo.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 22

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I usually just use Windows Snipping tool. Expand the white Crop box around the exact sized square in the PPS controls where it shows the example and save that photo. Made alterations to it later as needed. Made some Sports Banners. Etc.