Customs & Border Protection in Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I spent a few minutes last night talking to a Customs agent who passed through my workplace. I mentioned how little activity I see in Oklahoma regarding Customs and Border Patrol and asked him about it. I mentioned that there was a large population of illegal immigrants in Oklahoma and that it surprised me that there wasn't a greater presence of these agents. I want to say right here that I do not want this thread to become an immigration thread. I do want to pass along the information he gave me, however, because it has some impact on our radio monitoring. He said that basically there are 3 guys in OKC, 3 guys in Tulsa, and 1 guy elsewhere in the state. That's it. 7 agents. He said that BP is mostly (uh, duh) at the border (which also doesn't surprise me as I think I heard they are bringing in the National Guard due to lack of agents). Customs at this point is not taking the illegal immigrant thing very seriously and apparently doesn't have the manpower to support it at this point. So that should explain why we just don't hear any activity over Customs except for some air traffic over the state on Net 1 (165.2375 - 100.0 PL). Just thought I'd pass this info along. Please don't start arguing about immigration.

CommShrek

Gilligan said:
Please don't start arguing about immigration.

You'll get no argument from me. I'd like to see the illegals gone just as much as the next guy. :)

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
CommShrek said:
You'll get no argument from me. I'd like to see the illegals gone just as much as the next guy. :)

:evil: Well, if you want my 2 cents....:evil:

Just kidding. It really doesn't surprise me that there are only 7 agents. I see a lot of political wrangling about the issue, and not a whole lot of enforcement.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Border Patrol - the good old days.

I remember, many years ago, when either Border Patrol or Immigrations would intercept aliens at the Okalahoma/Missouri Toll gate on the Will Rogers Turnpike.
You could almost always see one of their cars and sometimes a van at the tollgate.

CommShrek

mn2deep said:
Tulsa has a newly formed chapter of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps.

Checkout:

www.okminuteman.com

That looks like a good way to get into some trouble, or at least, end up with some media attention that I don't want. I'll pass.

car2back

mn2deep said:
Tulsa has a newly formed chapter of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps.

Checkout: www.okminuteman.com

those old SOBs need to get a life, and/or a job to keep them busy in retirement. I actually just read an article in an old copy of Intelligence Report magazine where a journalist followed a pair of neo-Nazi S***-heads that were 'patroling' the California border with various semi-automatic firearms while wearing shirts that said "Undocumented Border Patrol Agent".

They're more of a problem than illegal immigration. I told some one last May or when ever it was when all the hispanics were protesting in downtown Tulsa that the only thing worse than them were the redneck idiots "counter-protesting" with signs like "Git out of this here country... and yall don't come back ya hear"

Last edited:

mn2deep

phil_smith said:
those old SOBs need to get a life, and/or a job to keep them busy in retirement. I actually just read an article in an old copy of Intelligence Report magazine where a journalist followed a pair of neo-Nazi S***-heads that were 'patroling' the California border with various semi-automatic firearms while wearing shirts that said "Undocumented Border Patrol Agent".[/B]

Old SOBs? I'm 45. I just got mad enough about the whole situation to do something. Please understand, gun toting neo-Nazi skin heads have nothing to do with the MCDC. In order to join the MCDC you have to pass a background check and an interview which is designed to weed out racists, crazies, freaks, criminals, wife beaters, etc. We are just a bunch of guys that want to help stem the tide of the invasion.

But, if it seems like too much for you, there are many other things you can do.

Studying the problem so you can educate the ignorant is a great start. Very few people actually know the depth of the problem.

If you haven't boned up on the issue, you really should. It is scary as hell.

mn2deep

CommShrek said:
That looks like a good way to get into some trouble, or at least, end up with some media attention that I don't want. I'll pass.

The MCDC SOP is designed to keep you out of trouble. Media Attention? Very Possible. There are tons of things you can do which will keep you out of the limelight however. Or, you can do nothing.

jrplmil

I happen to write my elected officials and tell them what I think. They are the ones that have to do something. At least 10 percent of where I live are Illegals but I dont try to run them out or keep them out. I use the legal system. If my reps dont do as I want then I vote for someone else. That is the American way.

mn2deep

jrplmil said:
I happen to write my elected officials and tell them what I think. They are the ones that have to do something. At least 10 percent of where I live are Illegals but I dont try to run them out or keep them out. I use the legal system. If my reps dont do as I want then I vote for someone else. That is the American way.

Absolutely. If only everyone acted so responsibly.

car2back

To each their own, I guess. :lol:

illegal.gif

Some of my ancestors have been speaking out against this problem for along time. :lol:​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.