customtronics.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

trooperdude

Database Admin
Non disclosure required for a commercial 800 trunk system ?

Bwaaa hahahahahah

Kind of like double secret probation I guess.

They mix apples and Zebras in their marketing literature, saying it's an extension of
the FM broadcast band, while their business offering says they are in the 900mhz band and
their subscription radios operate there.

http://www.bizbuysell.com/cgi-bin/addetail?q=218341

:lol:

Last edited:

Sac916

Non disclosure required for a commercial 800 trunk system ?

Bwaaa hahahahahah

Kind of like double secret probation I guess.

They mix apples and Zebras in their marketing literature, saying it's an extension of
the FM broadcast band, while their business offering says they are in the 900mhz band and
their subscription radios operate there.

http://www.bizbuysell.com/cgi-bin/addetail?q=218341

:lol:

My impression is that this service utilizes conventional, trunked or both radio services for "groups" to broadcast their (radio show) message. Listeners need only to buy a $59 radio to listen to the broadcasts with a subscription option. The non-disclosure agreement is used to prevent people from publishing the frequencies and type of system used which would allow just about anybody to listen for free, not requiring subscription or purchase of the radio. The website is vague and an amateur build. The solicitation terminology is that of an infomercial.

Sac916

Freq for WNBY271

I can't find any 900MHz freqs

cousinkix1953

Regular FM stereo channels are exactly 75 khz above and below the carrier frequency, example (98.425 - 98.50 + 98.575) etc. That leaves room for a few low power sub-carriers about 25 annd 50 khz from center frequency.

Common FM radios cannot tune the sub-carriers, but you can do it with a Pro 2006 type scanner. Turn down the squelch to the minimum, set the step in the 5 khz position and have at it...

Radiobern

Feed Provider
I bought a subcarrier (SCA) radio off eBay before. Most SCA broadcasts commonly operate at 67 kHz and 92 kHz off of the main FM broadcast frequency. Here in the Bay Area, only 94.1 (on both 67 and 92) and 100.3 (67 only) are still broadcasting. They broadcast in either a Middle Eastern or Indian language, so I can't really understand what is being broadcast. I believe the 92 kHz subcarrier on 94.1 is Radio Humsafar (www.radiohumsafar.com). In the LA Area, you have some that broadcast music, programming for the blind (they read out loud newspapers, magazines, etc) and more ethnic programming.

As for 900 MHz, a few years ago, there was always music playing on 928.9875 and 956.4125. In the late 90's, I also heard music on 956.3875. As of late, none of these are active anymore. Up to a couple months ago, I could still hear an open carrier on 956.4125 but that's gone now too. Perhaps this might be the 900 MHz that website is talking about.

Bernard
www.radiobern.com

mkewman

as an aside, the 949 mhz range is set aside by the fcc for STL links to broadcast radio transmitters (studio to transmitter links). they are very directional, fairly low power, and more and more of them are migrating to digital.

this may be the music you were hearing.

Radiobern

Feed Provider
Yes, I've listened to some STL links in the 949 MHz area before. From my experience, all of those links are in wide FM. The frequencies I posted are narrow FM. Prior to 956.4125 going off the air, it was broadcasting some Middle Eastern sounding language programs. When it was playing music back in the late 90's, it was continuous without interruptions, commercials or announcements. I found similar broadcasts on Honolulu and Maui when I last traveled there during the summer of 1998.

Bernard
www.radiobern.com

Status
Not open for further replies.