Cutover Date For TriCom onto StarCom21

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBMTS

As per post #19, no encryption on the two dispatch TG's. I have not yet heard them on any of the ops TG's yet to know if those might be.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Tricom FD dispatch appears to now be full time on Starcom. Both 11044 & 11045 are active. I’m not hearing anything on the VHF repeaters any longer.
Phase 2, not encrypted.
I am currently hearing multicasting between STARCOM21 TG 11044 and 158.235 (both Tri-Com Fire North).

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I am currently hearing multicasting between STARCOM21 TG 11044 and 158.235 (both Tri-Com Fire North).
I did just hear a transmission on 154.7925 (Tri-Com Fire South) and the dispatcher told the unit that he was only coming through on VHF. Perhaps the multicast with TG 11045 isn't up at this time?

RBMTS

Today I also noticed that the VHF frequencies were active. However only the dispatches seem to be on VHF. All enroute and onscene comms are only one StarCom.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Today I also noticed that the VHF frequencies were active. However only the dispatches seem to be on VHF. All enroute and onscene comms are only one StarCom.
The multicast I mentioned in post #22 had enrounte and on-scene comms on both VHF and SC21.

RBMTS

I should clarify - It appears that comms from dispatcher consoles are being multicasted. Mobiles and portables are only on Starcom (that I am hearing). Perhaps not every department or user has been moved over yet and maybe there is some field units still using the VHF repeaters. I just monitored an EMS call and the dispatcher was multicasted with VHF but the responding units were on Starcom only.

ltginrage

From what I've heard is that they are using CAD for inrout/OnScene/Transporting/Returing

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
They pay big prices for radios and now about all you hear are short sentences from the dispatcher, sure not like days of old , not much talk from mobiles

ltginrage

There is not much traffic going on each fire TG. In my opinion they should merge FD north and south into one talkgroup since there isnt much traffic going on either one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.