Cuts out every few seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfeeny

I have a BR-330T with latest firmware.

I monitor a Motorola II system, our local county (Palm Beach County) and I notice that when people are talking, about every 2 seconds, it quickly fades out and then back it, almost like they drop carrier, but they don't. I am not sure if its signal fading (every now and then I can see a signal drop out that coincides with this) or if this is behavior of the Mot II trunk system, or what. Another thought is that since I am inside my house on the rubber duckie (got a good antenna coming this week) maybe its my concrete block construction house screwing with the signal.

Is this normal?

captclint

Mentor
bfeeny said:
about every 2 seconds, it quickly fades out and then back it
Since you mention this only WRT a particular system, it is probably NOT Priority, weather alert, or Close Call, but just in case...

Dubbin

Feed Provider
capt_clint said:
Since you mention this only WRT a particular system, it is probably NOT Priority, weather alert, or Close Call, but just in case...

I am almost sure that it IS one of those.

n2mdk

Every 2 seconds is one of 3 things on a 330, Priority, Search or Close Call being active. Find whats turned on and turn it off. That will stop it.

bfeeny

Thanks guys, yes, I do run CC at the same time, and I mostly only scan this one system. I turned off CC and it went away! Thanks for the quick response..............I think I will run CC only when necessary :) Quite annoying with it breaking out every 2 seconds.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.