Cuyahoga County Merging Dispatch Centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
Saw the article in the paper the other day about Euclid going to be moving to either Beachwood or Maple Heights. I can see it would be cheaper for all parties involved, but I still figured that all the citys would like to keep their own little dispatch center for the greater services of the city. Anybody else have any input?

i under stand maybe a dispatch center in Maple and their going to use the dispatchers from Euclid and maybe Euclid is going to move on the Cleveland system down the road just talk right now.

RT48

Cuyahoga County has offered to provide free radios to the city if it joins the Southeast Emergency Communication Center.

“We were contacted in February by Cuyahoga County ... and we were told if we would change the focus of our consolidation from away from EDGE and into Southeast, radios would be provided to our departments,” he said. “We need for our police and fire departments 230 radios, at an approximate cost of $3,000 a radio, we would be receiving about $690,000 in equipment.”

The new radios would operate at a higher frequency, which would allow the city to communicate with Cleveland police and fire, as well as agencies in Lake County.

Euclid Safety Committee discusses regional dispatch

Saw the article in the paper the other day about Euclid going to be moving to either Beachwood or Maple Heights. I can see it would be cheaper for all parties involved, but I still figured that all the citys would like to keep their own little dispatch center for the greater services of the city. Anybody else have any input?

It's my understanding Maple Heights will be going to a dispatch center in Bedford Heights with other area departments.

kf8yk

The State of Ohio will withhold funding dispatch centers in counties that don't reduce their number of dispatch centers to three by 2018 (four for counties with large cities like Cuyahoga)

ORC 128.571

SCPD

QRT
???

Hmmmm... maybe there IS gonna be one in Bedford Hts too. I don't see Maple Hrs, Bedford, or Bedford Hts listed as member agencies of CVD.
Or maybe they just haven't actually signed up yet.
~~~
On the other hand it's hard to find accurate up to date info. I see conflicting reports mostly dated one or two years ago. I'll let someone else figure it out! :)

Last edited:

Hmmmm... maybe there IS gonna be one in Bedford Hts too. I don't see Maple Hrs, Bedford, or Bedford Hts listed as member agencies of CVD.

You don't see Garfield Hts listed either. They will also be dispatched from Bedford Hts with a number of other smaller departments.

I would think dispatch centers have their limits as to how many departments they can handle depending on call volume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kf8yk

Ed, here's the current scorecard:

Chagrin Valley Dispatch (operational, location: Bedford - basement of Bedford Hospital)

Bentleyville
Chagrin Falls
Moreland Hills
Highland Hills
Hunting Valley
Gates Mills
North Randall
Orange Village
Woodmere
South Russell

Southeast Dispatch (planned, location: Bedford Heights, Police Station)

Bedford
Bedford Heights
Maple Heights
Garfield Heights
Euclid

~~~
On the other hand it's hard to find accurate up to date info. I see conflicting reports mostly dated one or two years ago. I'll let someone else figure it out! :)

SCPD

QRT
Thanks kf8yk

OK that clears that up.

Now, Chagrin east and Chagrin west - who's on which? :)

scannerdaddy

Euclid in S.E. Dispatch center

If Euclid p.d. is going to be dispatched from S.E. command, they better have a REALLY BIG antenna, since , geographically speaking, they are no where near the physical location from where the ops. are set up. Euclid is on the shore of lake erie, and their police and fire hq. is about I mile south of there. I grew up there, so I know where they are located. IMHO, this will be a big mistake. But the city has been going down hill (economically and other means) for a looong time now. Doesn't surprise me that they are attaching their wagon to a losing horse.

SCPD

QRT
scannerdaddy, I think Euclid will be on the GCRCN. Also even if they were not, radio control could be via wireline or radio link, or with a control station and yagi on their freq.

k8zgw

Euclid "moving"

From my "inside information" (very limited), the target date for Euclid moving to the GCRCN
is on or about April 1, when I heard the date, I was hoping it was an April fool joke, BUT
Euclid Mayor (A/H) Bill Cervenik is term limited out, and I think this is his "parting shot"?
As I am moving from Euclid to Twinsburg next week,I don't care much, it WILL make it easier
to hear Euclid.

I can not find any info as to what TG's will be used by Euclid, If anybody knows anything
please let me know.

Thanks

Don

tonya

Premium Subscriber
I thought Euclid was moving to the South East Dispatch Center in Bedford which I thought was odd. I hope Don's correct. I too can monitor the GCRCN better from my location.

jeffb

From my "inside information" (very limited), the target date for Euclid moving to the GCRCN
is on or about April 1, when I heard the date, I was hoping it was an April fool joke, BUT
Euclid Mayor (A/H) Bill Cervenik is term limited out, and I think this is his "parting shot"?
As I am moving from Euclid to Twinsburg next week,I don't care much, it WILL make it easier
to hear Euclid.

I can not find any info as to what TG's will be used by Euclid, If anybody knows anything
please let me know.

Thanks

Don

Euclid is joining the Chagrin Valley Dispatch and MARCS IP
Euclid joins Chagrin Valley Dispatch Council in a close vote

SCPD

QRT
Don check your PMs

to hear Euclid.

please let me know.

Thanks

Don

Check your PM
EdAzalea

k8zgw

I guess I'm confused ???
I know the dispatch center is moving to Bedford or Bedford Hts.
I somehow thought they were going on the Cleveland system.

I guess I need to verify this

Thanks

Don

k8zgw

Euclid ???

From my latest "inside" information, Euclid will be on
MARCS-IP, DISPATCHED FROM THE BASEMENT OF BEDFORD HOSPITAL

From my understanding, most anybody should be able to copy the MARCS-IP system. ???

I'm not saying I understand ( or agree) but "who am I"

Status
Not open for further replies.