Cuyahoga Falls Dispatch Center Merger

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotorolaDave

According to this article, the Cuyahoga Falls Dispatch Center will likely merge with the Summit County Dispatch Center sometime this year. I'm sure they will still have their own talkgroup. I just wonder if Silver Lake and Munroe Falls will go along with that plan, or if they will end up being dispatched by the Stow/Tallmadge Dispatch Center.

City View 2012: Cuyahoga Falls planning big year - Local - Ohio

tswansiger

The plan is to have the Green dispatch center moved to Summit County eventually. It appears that Summit County will probably end up dispatching for all county FD's in the future. That will happen when the county finish's rebanding.

tswansiger

I assume Summit County dispatches from downtown Akron. I do know that Green FD dispatches for Green FD, Coventry FD, Springfield FD, and Lakemore FD from Green FD # 1. The plan is to stop dispatching from Green # 1 and let Summit County do the dispatching. My understanding is that was to take place in 2012. There was an article in the Beacon Journal in 2011 that the Green dispatchers union was upset about the proposed move.

Status
Not open for further replies.