Cuyahoga Falls Police Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davef1982

I was just wondering if anyone might know the talk group ID's for Cuyahoga Falls SRT and Narcotics channels. I have a friend who is an officer there and he assured me that the narcotics channel is separate from the Detective Bureau channel. I also heard an officer ask the dispatcher to monitor the SRT channel a few nights ago, but I wasn't able to pick anything up. I've tried the old analog system, and nothing public safety wise is on there anymore. Any help with these or any other talk group ID's would be greatly appreciated.

cfr301

I was just wondering if anyone might know the talk group ID's for Cuyahoga Falls SRT and Narcotics channels. I have a friend who is an officer there and he assured me that the narcotics channel is separate from the Detective Bureau channel. I also heard an officer ask the dispatcher to monitor the SRT channel a few nights ago, but I wasn't able to pick anything up. I've tried the old analog system, and nothing public safety wise is on there anymore. Any help with these or any other talk group ID's would be greatly appreciated.
Posting that kind of information on the PUBLIC Forum in MY OPINION should not happen, no one has ANY idea of who is reading this board.

JoeyC

There is an easy way to find that kind of stuff on a trunked system and that is to use the SEARCH button.

D

davef1982

I see this forum is full of smart ass idiots who think they know it all! Kinda hard to use the search button when I'm using an XTS5000

cfr301

FYI, this site has a policy to not censor data.

Thats not entirely true, and shouldn't be. The Ohio Forums have agreed not to post certain TG used by the AG's office, and I think the same should apply to "PUBLIC" posting of known undercover freq and TG for Officer Safety. Censoring is one thing, posting something "PUBLICLY" that can cost lives is another.

If we want to keep agencies from going to encryption to prevent monitoring, then a little common sense should apply here folks.

Rick

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Warning....

Well, this is one of the most pointless threads I've seen in quite awhile. One reply to the original question was an opinion post that throws the thread in another direction and the other, while making an appropriate suggestion, was phrased in such as way as to be misunderstood as insulting, and the reply to those posts threw further fuel on the fire with a snide remark.

I'll point out to everyone that if you do not know the answer to a question, don't say anything. Don't give your opinion on the desired information in an attempt to redirect the topic. Also, please remember that something you might say in person which is understood to be said in a joking manner can be completely misunderstood in an electronic forum such as this, so please phrase your posts appropriately and before hitting the send button, ask yourself how others might feel upon reading that post.

With that being said, please get it back on topic and keep it civil or this thread will be closed and locked.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Dave,

I have not heard anything on the Summit County system. I monitor all FD channels, plus listen in ID SEARCH mode. That usually catches anything that is not ID'd here in the Database.

There is one channel in the 3xxxx range that runs encryption. I can't, for the life of me, remember the number. I'll post it here once I hear it again. We would then be able to see what other talkgroups users affiliating with it are using.

Frank

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Thats not entirely true, and shouldn't be. The Ohio Forums have agreed not to post certain TG used by the AG's office,
Rick

Which if it is being done is in direct contrast to what the owner and webmaster of the site has set as policy. Don't be shocked if this changes soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.