CW on FRS frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltman151

So tonight I'm driving home from work and I realized I had one of the little FRS two ways we use at work still clipped to my belt when it scared me to death with some morse code. It's been doing it every 10 mins on the dot at my house. It's never picked up at work with it. I can't pick it up with my SDR, but I can on my UV-5R. Has anyone else noticed it or knows what it is? I'm in the blount county area, on the north east side.

Frequency is 462.6875.

I've tried decoding it with cwget, but the only thing it shows is qja637, and a lot of T's and E's.

I've added a zip with a .wma file of it if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• CW.zip
    114.1 KB · Views: 73

kf5qgf

FRS or GMRS Repeater sending an id every 10 minutes. Similar to a ham repeater. The cw should be the licensee. Maybe QJA637 maybe? Hope this helps.

ecps92

ULS License - General Mobile Radio (GMRS) License - WQJA637 - Berry, Timothy E

Since FRS is license Free, you are hearing bleed-over from a GMRS Repeater.
Either 462.7000 or 462.6750

So tonight I'm driving home from work and I realized I had one of the little FRS two ways we use at work still clipped to my belt when it scared me to death with some morse code. It's been doing it every 10 mins on the dot at my house. It's never picked up at work with it. I can't pick it up with my SDR, but I can on my UV-5R. Has anyone else noticed it or knows what it is? I'm in the blount county area, on the north east side.

Frequency is 462.6875.

I've tried decoding it with cwget, but the only thing it shows is qja637, and a lot of T's and E's.

I've added a zip with a .wma file of it if anyone is interested.

jfhtm350

Berry also has more licenses in Blount Co other than FRS/GMRS. I would then imagine he charges to use the GMRS repeater since that is the case.

coltman151

You're probably right. I don't have any thing that is legal for gmrs use (don't think the uv-5r is anyway) so at least I'm not missing out haha.

Sent from my greasy iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.