CYOW stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
So I was able to do some monitoring of the airport last night while I was in the city and quite a few of the frequencies I have programmed were all active. CYOW is a busy place. Especially during daytime and evening hours.

I was able to come up with the following, if anyone is able to further confirm these that would be great.

122.350 Aero Mag - De-Icing although I also have this listed as CYTR Wing Ops 122.350 to which I have heard military aircraft from home in the past.

122.400 Airport Authority
122.675 Airport Authority
122.925 Airport Authority
123.100 Airport Authority

128.775 Sounds like an High Altitude Frequency perhaps with a local area transmitter for both sides of the conversation. I do already have it listed as West High Altitude - Thurso Sector but I definitely could hear the airport.

130.700 ASIG - Menzies Aviation
130.950 Strategic Aviation Services Ltd.

266.800 Not sure what this was but it was busy I think it may be a copy of one of the VHF frequencies I couldn't catch which one.

341.300 I have this one in my file but I don't believe I heard anything on this one.

ATCTech

128.775 is a remote peripheral link from Montreal ACC for en route airspace 24000' and below. It's based at YOW but it's not YOW ATC you're hearing, it's ZUL ACC. 135.150 & 266.8 are also a PAL frequencies from ZUL ACC.

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
So it`s safe to say then I can leave it under my West High Altitude - Thurso Sector Montreal ACC listing then.

128.775 is a remote peripheral link from Montreal ACC for en route airspace 24000' and below. It's based at YOW but it's not YOW ATC you'er hearing, it's ZUL ACC. 135.150 & 266.8 are also a PAL frequencies from ZUL ACC.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I have 135.150 as an Arrival frequency for Ottawa. Is what your`re saying is that 266.8 is also the arrival UHF frequency for YOW?

128.775 is a remote peripheral link from Montreal ACC for en route airspace 24000' and below. It's based at YOW but it's not YOW ATC you're hearing, it's ZUL ACC. 135.150 & 266.8 are also a PAL frequencies from ZUL ACC.

ATCTech

What I'm looking at doesn't show V/U pairing so I can't give you a factual answer. If you can hear the ATC transmitter on 266.8 keep an ear on it and simultaneously monitor the ZUL ACC Ottawa-based VHF frequencies to determine pairing. Being that there's so little UHF traffic it may not even be selected for PTT enable by ATC all the time.

Just to be perfectly clear there is no IFR (radar) control facility at YOW, it's all done out of Montreal Centre (ZUL). YOW itself just does the control tower (VFR) ATC function so arrivals and departures once/when airborne are under Montreal's control when outside of the tower control zone.

Last edited:

fmoore

OttawaBob

Premium Subscriber
Currently sitting in Quebec City, Quebec, Airport (YQB) and listening to 124.000 MHz.
This frequency is a rebroadcast of Ottawa Arrivals, Departures and Terminal communications. Both sides are coming in loud and clear.

DaveH

Due to my recent trips to CYOW
313703TCYOW ShuttleShuttle
Is probably a replacement for Park n' Fly on the following system unless this system's TG is still active:
I used to listen to Park and Fly and suspect it's been gone from LTR for a while. They had some interesting chit-chat
when everything else was dead.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.