D/FW MotoTRBO Wide Area Radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I got word of this recently, looks like were pushing this to all of our current and new subscribers. Much of this comes from the Megahertz website but it's a product of Motorola Dallas/Fort Worth, built by Motorola but the airtime (Which is really cheap) and the subscriber units are open to be sold by anyone radio company in the Metroplex who is Motorola Authorized.

Wide Area Service

What is Wide Area Service?

Wide area service allows you to use your radios over the entire North Texas area. This is ideal for any business that wants to maintain two way radio service with employees who are away from the office. Ideal customers have a fleet of trucks or drivers they want to stay in contact with. Both mobile and portable radios can utilize wide area service.
North Texas's ONLY DIGITAL Network

Megahertz is proud to offer the only true digital wide area network in the North Texas area running Motorola's Connect Plus. Our digital service offers features other analog systems cannot offer. We currently have 4 sites in the North Texas area. This gives you a much larger coverage area than traditional 1 site systems. With Connect Plus your radio will automatically roam from site to site as you travel around the North Texas area.
GPS

Because our wide area service uses Motorola's digital Mototrbo technology we are now able to offer you web based GPS location services. Click here to read more about our exclusive GPS service available to all wide area service customers.

Personally, I like TRBO. Its sounds better than P25, Sells better than LTR and is a whole lot more user friendly. The Bank of America site (No BS!) has mobile coverage to Corsicana and Northern Waco. The price to purchase a system is just incredible compared to LTR or Smartnet. And the price between TRBO and P25 is like Day and Night.

TRBO is here guys and it ain't going away. In the Radio Reference Wiki The user list keeps getting longer and longer. And for good reason, Motorola has built something that works!

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Last edited:

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I have been watching the Fort Worth control channel all day with zero radio activity. I can't hear Dallas without putting an antenna outside-which I may try soon.

It's a pretty neat program but I don't think I will see all of it's capabilities until the system starts getting used.

nd5y

Does this system transmit a continous control channel like a normal trunked system or is it periodic data bursts?

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Ok here is a comparison between Mototrbo audio and analog audio through the same mobile unit. Since most of you live in Texas I'm sure you are all fluent in Spanish by now, either way the difference in the video is obvious.
Working conditions in both stations:

Motorola MotoTrbo DGM6100
Microphone IMPRES HMN4079C
Antena Hustler G7 @ 30 ft (10 mts)
Power 20 watts
Distance betwen stations 6.2 milles (10 KM) line of sight

Motorola Mototrbo comparison between analog and digital audio by XE1XNP - YouTube

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Does this system transmit a continous control channel like a normal trunked system or is it periodic data bursts?

This one is continuous. There is a program that decodes the DMR control channel. I have that program running now. I am now monitoring the Dallas control channel, which should be the busiest for them, but I am not seeing any activity on the system... all idle, all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.