D-STAR Capable Antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
So I recently picked up a Comet GP-95 vertical antenna. I just noticed on the plastic sleeve it came in, that the antenna is "Repeater & D-STAR capable". So not only will I be able to access FM repeaters, but I'll be able to access D-STAR repeaters as well.

Talk about embellishing a product :)

It's interesting that they listed the receive capabilities. I don't think that's over the top.. I've always had great results using amateur antennas for general scanning. Too bad it doesn't go down to 700 Mhz. It will no doubt receive there, but most likely with diminished performance.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I think they mention D-STAR since the GP-95 has 1.2 GHz coverage. The system design of D-STAR includes voice and low-speed data on 2m and 70m plus "high-speed" data on 1.2 GHz. So, a full D-STAR stack would require an antenna like the Comet GP-95 or Diamond X-6000.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I think they mention D-STAR since the GP-95 has 1.2 GHz coverage. The system design of D-STAR includes voice and low-speed data on 2m and 70m plus "high-speed" data on 1.2 GHz. So, a full D-STAR stack would require an antenna like the Comet GP-95 or Diamond X-6000.

That's true.. Our local D-STAR club has the full stack.. 2m, 70cm & 23cm. On 23cm we have a DV machine at 1285.00- Mhz and a DD machine at 1248.30 Mhz. Haven't tried DD yet because the data repeater is down right now due to antenna issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.